Sunday, October 21, 2007

Back again


Aunt Jocey came back to visit and it was so much fun. Nothing like a last minute trip to Pittsburgh. Needless to say, my boys were DYING for her to get here. We had a great time together and I was begging for her to stay longer. We of course went to Pamela's and went shopping. What else do we do? Eat. . . shop. . .eat. . .shop. :)

We went to the Pittsburgh Strip District and that was interesting. Fun. Jason and I had never been there so we thought it was a gre
at time to try it out. We walked the street and looked at all the different artisan shops. We did find some very tasty bread. This is where all the vendors for fresh sea food come each morning on the river and where all the foreigners sell their specialty foods. After the Strip District we headed to one of the funnest things we did. The pumpkin farm. It was great. Beautiful fall weather and lots of fun fall activities. I thought the boys would love the petting farm. Wrong. Jackson wouldn't even go in it and Noah just followed me around while I fed the nasty things. And they would not leave me alone. Anyone that knows me, KNOWS I do not like animals. Especially ones that have poop hanging off their bum fur. But I had to play "fun mom" and so the animals were fed. And I even got Noah to pet them. Purell, here we come!!!Thanks for coming to see us again Jocey. We all love you very much. And can't wait to have you come again. Maybe next time you can bring Ben with you. :) See you in a few days. (Get set. . . the boys are counting down the days until Thursday and they can see Aunt Jocey again.)

10 comments:

shannon said...

How fun...that pumpkin farm looks awesome! and again, so very jealous jocey came to visit...and now you get to see her in like 3 days! rude! i hope you guys have a fantastic trip...can't wait to see the photos.

McKelle said...

So fun! It must be nice to have visitors. Maybe someday I'll come to visit. But probably not. haha Ellie is so cute and of course your kids are dressed so cute. Why don't you call me sometime?

Libby said...

Cute pictures! It was fun getting to know Jocey! She is way fun. You have one of the cutest families! Good work :). Those bikes look way fun. Cute picture of you and Jackson. I want a little nibble of Ellie...she is so darn cute! Ummmm...when are we going to hangout before you leave? I can't believe you are goind to D-world THIS week :(. Call me!

Jocelyn said...

So fun! I wish it wasn't such a quick trip (over too fast)! Thanks for all the awesome shopping (to Libby especially ;) and of course we had to go to Pamela's... hello!! Also thanks to Annette for squeezing me in last minute! Love her! So... by the way we are going it looks like I'll be back to Pittsburgh for another visit by January. :) Actually, it's your turn to come back here!!

Lisa said...

Looks fun. Great pics and you look super skinny!

Rachel said...

oh the things we do for our little ones. I cant believe you touched the petting zoo animals. you crack me up.

Amberly said...

That was so fun to see Jocelyn! It sounds like your boys have a perfect auntie!

JBsDD said...

Jana,
I saw your comment on The Cooleys website. I'm good friends with Jared. You probably don't even remember me. Jeff Brown from Poway. I was a freshman at Ricks when you were a sophomore. Anyway, small world. Thought I'd say hi. Hope all is well.
Jeff

Brooklet said...

Looks like you guys had a good time again, with aunt jocelyn. The pumpkin patch is such a good place to take pics- they all turn out so festive.

Unknown said...

Hey Jana! THis is Jocelyns' friend Michelle. I was wondering if you would tell me where you got Ellie's cute hat! I love it and only have little cotton ones for my daughter!
Thanks!
Michelle