Friday, November 21, 2008

We have a winner!

Today I was in the shower just enjoying the nice warmth. When suddenly Jackson came bursting in telling me there was a huge spider on my bed.

"WHAT?!!! Go kill it NOW!!"

Jackson put his hands on his cheeks and said, "No, I don't want to touch it. It is scary."

And in comes Noah to the rescue. "I will do it for you Mama."

I told Jackson to get a tissue and hurry up about it. After struggling to get the tissue out (it seriously kept ripping and making me crazy), he finally handed Noah the tissue and I told them to run. That spider could have been anywhere by now.

While thinking they got it, but not really, I hollered out, "Did you get it?" I was trying to stay calm.

Jackson said, "No, we are looking everywhere for it."

I am mostly sicked out by the thought of a spider in my bed. You can rest assured that I will not be sleeping in a bed infested with spiders. And oh yeah, it was a Daddy Long Leg. . . a white one, thanks to Jackson.

Then Noah yelled back at me, "Ellie has it."

"WHAT?!!! Get it from her!!!"

Imagine me. . .helpless in the shower. I had JUST put my conditioner in and wanted to get all the benefits of a well conditioned head of hair.

Then. . . .Noah was ecstatic. "I got it Mommy. I got it!!! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!"

He came and put it in the bathroom and that was that.

So, it looks like we have a winner from now on with who gets to kill all the spiders around here. I sure as heck know it ain't gonna be me!

16 comments:

Amberly said...

so so hilarious! I can imagine the chaos and panic in your naked state.. noah wins the prize, for sure!!

Kimberly said...

LOL! That was HI-larious! Eeew I hate spiders too, yuck! Atleast you know who is willing to do the dirty work for you.

Kimo said...

Tee Hee.

wackywilsons said...

Seriously, what does a girl gotta do to take a nice hot shower in peace once in a while?

My favorite is when they run in and out and forget to close that shower door...you know, so all your steam can go out the door with it!

Linda said...

Yuck! I hate spiders too. At least Noah is brave enough to kill them. Tyler usually tells me to get our cat to do it. Men....

Bringhursts said...

Too funny! Why do things like that always happen at the MOST inconvenient times?

Rachel said...

AHH! I hate spiders. Lucky you to have a little guy who isnt scared of EVERYTHING like mine is. ewwww. i am getting all itchy just thinking about it.

Michele said...

Spiders are our friends...they trap and eat really ugly things...like ants. I really hate ants, spiders I like. I never kill spiders I just gently take them to a more appropriate place. (except black widows and brown recluse...these I kill)

Krissy Lowe said...

That is great- at least you don't have to do it. Don't you love how your boys are so different? I love little boys!

Megan said...

You can always count on sweet Noah. He is a hero for sure!
We CANNOT wait to see you guys!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Spider in the bed.....that is the worst! Can you imagine if they couldn't find it?!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Spider in the bed.....that is the worst! Can you imagine if they couldn't find it?!

Trimbles said...

Oh YUCK! I got cold chills just from reading that... I HATE spiders. Growing up on a farm you'd think Id feel differently. But nooo... nothing sicker then a spider!

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

It's really pretty simple - spiders ... bad, ants ... bad, yellow jackets ... bad (incident this summer). Anything that I didn't invite in to my house ... bad. And I can't figure out why I'm the only one who can spot them and Shawn is the only one who will swat at them, usually knocking them off the ceiling and now ambling about somewhere waiting to strike again. Just get the ladder out and kill the darn thing.

Is Noah taking contracting jobs yet ... I'll pay big money for a real spider warrior!

Jen and Bryan said...

That's awesome. I thought you were going to say she ate it or something. I can't wait for my little guy to be brave enough to get spiders. he's still scared of flies... thinks they're bees... what a dork. :)

Magic Mama said...

This spider story brings back memories of the Mission. You and spiders!!