Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's a done deal!!!



We put our house on the market almost 2 weeks ago to get ready for our move this June. And after a few days we got our first offer. It was a bad one. As in totally insulting. Needless to say, it didn't work out. Then last night we got our second offer and it wasn't much better than the first. We counter offered and they then countered back with us. Then we did it one more time to them and they decided to take the offer.

So, our house is sold and we are actually making a profit. Shocking as that is. I am so happy that it is over and that I can finally sit on my bum and watch TV all afternoon. (Because that is what us moms do all day. And
eat bon bons). But just knowing I CAN sit down and not feel like I should be cleaning something in case someone wants to show our house makes me happier than I thought possible. I had really had it with the constant cleaning and showing. I am way too pregnant to be cleaning this much. It should have put me into labor by now. But no such luck. Speaking of. I went to the Dr (midwife) today and she did check me. I have nothing to report. Looks like this baby will be late like all the rest of mine. BOO!!!!

Now when my parents come to help with the baby, I won't have to constantly be harping on them to clean up their things when someone wants to see the house. I am sure my mom is most happy about that. :)

I actually feel a little sad to have closure to our house. Yes, it is small and old. But it was ours. And it was our first. There will always be special feelings for this little brick home. Feelings of love and hate. Many days of hate. :) So, farewell to our first. You were a good home, on the days you didn't make me crazy!!!!

(Just a little side note. Our agent was AWESOME!!! His name is John Adair with Coldwell Banker. He helped us a ton and gave us great advice and feedback. If anyone is selling their house soon, we highly recommend using him. If you live in Pittsburgh too :)).

25 comments:

Brooklet said...

A big WAHOO! What a relief to have that taken care of. Nowt the scary question, when is your move date???

jared & amber said...

Congrats. We hope to be in your shoes shortly. Good luck with the baby...come he comes soon.

Lisa said...

It is a cute house but "yay!" Will you have to move out early or are they willing to wait?

Will & Cheyenne said...

What a cute place! I hope everyting goes as smoothly as possible for you and the fam the next few months!

{Jason and Elan} said...

Congratulations! You guys sold it quick, especially in this market. I love the plants and window boxes you put out front...so cute!

Krissy Lowe said...

I love your house- it has so much charm. Congratulations on the quick sell- especially in this market. When is the move? When is the baby coming?

Rachel said...

booo hooo =( I loves your little house. maybe I should come over one last time... show up early, stay all day, let my kid spit up all over your front room and couch, never leave, stay all day .. haha, you get the idea. I love that you let me do that. you kept me sane that LONG winter after Luke was born. I enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing all day at your house. but congrats on the sale. now you're one step closer to moving to nor cal by me. HOORAY (as duncan would say )

Rachel said...

booo hooo =( I loves your little house. maybe I should come over one last time... show up early, stay all day, let my kid spit up all over your front room and couch, never leave, stay all day .. haha, you get the idea. I love that you let me do that. you kept me sane that LONG winter after Luke was born. I enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing all day at your house. but congrats on the sale. now you're one step closer to moving to nor cal by me. HOORAY (as duncan would say )

Rachel said...

booo hooo =( I loves your little house. maybe I should come over one last time... show up early, stay all day, let my kid spit up all over your front room and couch, never leave, stay all day .. haha, you get the idea. I love that you let me do that. you kept me sane that LONG winter after Luke was born. I enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing all day at your house. but congrats on the sale. now you're one step closer to moving to nor cal by me. HOORAY (as duncan would say )

Arah Debra said...

Do you have any idea how lucky you are to have sold it that fast? That's awesome! Congrats!!

Denise said...

Congratulations. What a good feeling to have that taken care of esp. before your baby comes and in such a crazy time. I love your house. It is so darling.

McKelle said...

That's a relief I'm sure. So do you get to stay in the house until you leave for Michigan? Sorry about the baby, and sorry I haven't called. Things were so crazy with Morgans parents here. I'm just trying to recuperate...from them being here, not from having a baby. Hope your baby decides to come soon,

Kimo said...

Congrats!!! It's always nice to have something like that taken care of. Good luck with the move.

Linda said...

Yay! That, I'm sure is a huge relief. Now the move! Good luck with everything.

Kari said...

Wow your house is so darling! Congrats on the quick sale, I'm totally impressed. When are you moving back to the west coast?! Good luck with the move....I don't envy you!

Trimbles said...

What a cute house! My favorite house story is when your kid got locked in a bedroom because of the 100 year old door knobs. The door knobs in my old house just fall off when I touch them :) So CT asked me where you are off to now, is Jason interviewing? And where do you hope to end up?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things worked out so quickly for you guys! And you're making money! Not our case at ALL! but oh well. Let me know when you guys figure out the whole moving situation. I'll need to mentally prepare myself if you'll be leaving in April :(

wackywilsons said...

See...I am comment #18...you are a very loved woman!!!

CONGRATS on the house...this is fantastic news! The best part is NOT having to clean it all the time. I can totally relate on that one.

One question...when do we get to see that beautiful belly!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Congrats on selling your house! So where are you guys headed in June is it still Spokane? I wish it were California then we could have a mini Pittsburgh friends reunion, me, you, Rachel and when Amy Atherly comes to visit. How awesome would that be:)

Hey I will be sending out your bracelets tommorrow(2/28) they turned out great! But you can be the judge of that:)

BusyMama said...

Happy days! No more cleaning or worrying. :) Now all you have to do is work on getting that baby out!

Bringhursts said...

Congratulations! We still haven't even bought our first so you're still a step ahead of us.

Radene said...

CONGRATS! What a relief you must be feeling! We're so happy for you.

Michele said...

I am so glad your house sold so quickly...there have been so many horror stories I am stressing already and we still have 15 months here! Sit down and put your feet up before you know it you will be working on baby #5!!!

Elise said...

Your house is so adorable, I'm not surprised it was snatched up ASAP. I'm a little upset that you have to move sooo soon! I'll be done working as of April 1st so let me know if you need help packing!

Abbigail said...

Your place was cute. I am happy that it sold. We are about to put ours on the market in AA. Fingers crossed!