Thursday, March 11, 2010

Time for bed

Tonight was enrichment. I am on the committee. Jason had to work. We have 4 kids. What was I going to do?

A good friend here let me drop my kids off at her house for her husband to watch and off we went to Relief Society. Thank you Chris. Both of my boys remembered you in their prayers tonight.

After enrichment, I dropped off my friend and ran inside to pick up my kids. I sent Jackson, Noah, and Ellie to the car and I went upstairs to get Carson out of his portable crib. I was telling the older kids to be quiet so that Carson would go right back to sleep.

And apparently I was saying it in such a firm voice that as I was loading Carson in and said, "Please be quiet!!!". . . .

Jackson said to me, "Well, it sounds like you need to go straight to bed too."

I laughed hard under my breath and got in the car. :)

Then we all hurried in, got our pj's on and Jackson said to me, "Why were you telling me to hurry?"

I said, "Because it is late and I want to go to bed. I'm tired."

And he said, "Well, I can tell you're tired because you're talking so sassy."

He speaks the truth. And he made me laugh! I'm TIRED!!!

Me + tired + 31 weeks pregnant + being alone = SASSY!!

So. . . GOODNIGHT!

9 comments:

JoDell said...

That's hilarious! As I read that, I could totally picture Jackson saying that, which made it even more funny. I don't know how you do it! I've been thinking about you lately, hoping things are going well, knowing that you're probably dying to have that baby. You're seriously amazing. Hope you have a good night's sleep (as good as you can have being 31 weeks pregnant!).

Kari said...

Wow Jana how do you do it?! You are superwoman!


Loved the story. Made me laugh!

Linda said...

That's too funny! I love that Jackson speaks the truth. I'm sure you get lots of laughs from him, as well as your other children. And I can't wait to see if this new baby will have the cutest cheeks like the rest of your kiddos!

Elizabeth said...

That cracks me up! I love his sassiness in return.

Pitcherpost said...

Yes, Jackson is a mini you! You really are amazing, knowing me,I would be more then just a little sassy in your shoes! I would be downright scary!

Elise said...

Jackson is hilarious!!! He's such a little adult. I don't know how you're sane right now, I think you're entitled to be a little bit sassy.

McKelle said...

You? Sassy? I don't get it.

Brooklet said...

And I am missing the sassy! But I always feel as a parent I have the right to be sassy. jackson needs to make a visit to our house and get some of the sassy out of Claire.

wackywilsons said...

No babysitter around??? that sounded like a lot of work for a mamacita!

hang in there...and post some belly pics!