Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Wheels on the Bus!

More like the tires on mommy's car go round and round! I always said I wouldn't be the mom that is driving all over the place, with my kids involved in so many things. But I take it back. With 5 kids, it's sort of hard not to be driving all over the place.
School started yesterday and it was so much fun getting all the kids ready and off to their first day. Jackson, Noah, and Ellie were all super excited to go and also a little nervous. It is a big change to go to all day school for Noah and Ellie, but they said they loved it and had so much fun. Jackson was hoping that his first day was only going to be 1 hour long like it was when he started 1st grade and they eased the kids into all day. :) Nice try.

Noah and Ellie had to be to school by 8:15am so we got the kids up by 7am, made pancakes for breakfast and got all ready for the big day. Right before we left we took a bunch of pictures and we were on our way. My dad came over to stay with Jackson, Carson and Kate while Jason and I dropped Noah and Ellie off at Challenger. Jackson's school doesn't start until 9am. Public. :) Just kidding.
After dropping Noah and Ellie off I came home and walked Jackson to school. We lined up by the 2nd grade doors and waited for his teacher to come. It was fun for Jackson to see some of the kids he didn't see all summer, and also fun for him to see his little posse. :) Such cute boys! I followed Jackson into the school, took a few pictures and left.
Dropping Noah off was the hardest part for me. I don't know why, but it was sad to see him become such a big boy. It's like it happened overnight for me. And he looked SO handsome in his uniform. All day school is the start of the next MANY years and I guess it was hard to accept that the time has come. But he needs more than I can do for him at home. And I couldn't be happier with Challenger and the way they teach and the outcomes we have experienced so far with just preschool. Next year it will be tough for me to have him go somewhere else. Noah has made a good little group of friends from school, and none of them live in the neighborhood. So it will be another big change for him next year. . . . but I have a long time before I have to worry about that! :) And bonus that he's a boy and the drama is nowhere near the same as it is for my daughter. :)Ellie loved loved loved her preschool. She gets to have the same teacher she had last year and absolutely adores Miss Sasha. So do I.

Jackson had his first soccer tournament last week. Four days full of soccer, and one day of football = one very tired little boy. But he begs for it. And I love watching him play. His soccer team won their first game and got killed their last two. Bummer. This week he has a soccer camp with the REAL team here in Salt Lake for the league he is playing on and he had a lot of fun last night at it. I love that he loves sports. The competitive side in me loves the thrills! :)

Noah had his first soccer game of the season too. He is still playing on a Rec and Ed team and we love it. His team is a bunch of Challenger boys and they are hilarious to watch. I do admit, I get a little out of control from the side lines. Yep, I'm "that mom".

So needless to say, yesterday was a big day here at the Smythe home. And also SO nice to only have 2 kids to take care of during the day. It felt so strange, and so wonderful. :) I took Carson and Kate to Cowabunga Bay with some friends and it was amazing how easy it was. :) Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are going to be a whole new world for me!!! And I can't wait. :)

So here's to a new year of wonderful memories and TONS of fun!!!!

5 comments:

McKelle said...

Your kids all looked so cute! I wish Gwen had all day kindergarten! You're so lucky! I'm not going to be sad when that day comes. You obviously love your kids way more that I do! When are we getting together next?

Amberly said...

they are darling! where is jackson going to school? i'm glad you've found schools and teachers that you are happy with up there- that is huge!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Let the games begin!

Janie said...

Your so lucky to have those 5 beautiful kids!! They are going to keep you running for many years! They are adorable.
I keep checking for Hawaii pics on here...

wackywilsons said...

I am glad you are catching up little by little. It's so fun to see your sweet kiddos! I hope Kate continues to get healthy...

and good for you for taking girls vacations!!!