Thursday, June 21, 2007

Serenity NOW!!!


So today was a real treat. I got the pleasure of taking all 3 kids to the Dr. office for Ellie's 2 month and I wanted to shot myself. It was a nightmare. Picture this. Me all sweaty, Noah FREAKING out, and Jackson sitting all calm, begging for candy while covering his ears to protect his hearing from the deafening screams of his brother. All with sweet little Ellie, naked, begin measured and weighed all by herself. Oh, and not to forget the throwing of a dumb dumb sucker that Noah wanted, but quickly changed his mind on. The whole fit lasted around 15 minutes. Of sheer exhaustion. A nurse is fairly sure that Noah has ADHD. WHAT!? I asked if there is a pill for that now and she said, "Benadryl" as if I have never tried it before! :) I told Jason what she said and he was ticked. Wishing he could have been there. And so was I. For a few brief moments I was secretly wishing every dad in the world could go to the Dr's office with their three small kids and feel what some of us moms get to do far too frequently. :) It was out of control. And nap time FOR SURE the second we walked in the door. Poor little Noah. Does anyone else think that sounds like fun? Because it WASN'T!!! This is seriously not doing it justice!!! I need to shower before bed tonight.

4 comments:

emily said...

I couldn't help but laugh as I read this. I have been there with 1 kid...but with 3? Yipes. The good news is that at least you were at the ped's office. Everyone there totally understands. Sounds like you need a QUIET, relaxing night tonight!

Tanya said...

I found your blog through Emily's. Yeah! I am laughing so hard - oh the joys. I get to take all three of mine tomorrow morning to the pediatrician. What fun.

Brooklet said...

First of all, that nurse doesn't know what she is talking about- all 2 year olds have adhd!!! This better be the last time you take all three kids to the dr- call me next time to sit!!!

Jennifer said...

I have had so many moments like those I can't even tell you. I think the second child just instinctively knows they are going to be in the middle and for some reason find the need to be loud, crazy, and a little insane just so they don't get lost in the shuffle. I love my little Anna, but man she can throw a tantrum with the best of them. YOur kids doesn't have ADHD, tell that nurse to find a new profession and get lost! I seriously hate that every slightly less than subdued kids gets labeled that way, totally uncalled for. I am glad you found my blog, I am a little weary of predators on the internet so I am not sure how long I will be doing it, but for now we are up and running. Our third is due in August and we are nervous to be out numbered, but really excited to be adding to the joy and chaotic fun. Gotta love big families, and these days three is a big family. I am excited to keep reading your updates. Talk to you soon.