Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Disney World

We are back. After a long awaited trip to Orlando, it has come and gone already. I can't believe it. Disney World was an absolute blast. Extremely exhausting, but some of the most fun I have ever had. My entire family went, minus Ben, my brother in law and I loved spending time with all of them. It has been a long time since we have all been together at the same time.We all got to Orlando on Thursday, the 25th and checked into the resort. Jason and I were the first family to arrived and so we had a great time just discovering everything around while we waited for the rest of the family to arrive. Once we were all there, it was a late dinner to Chili's. Aunt Jocey bought my boys some fun balloon shapes and that made their night. Soon to be followed by all the kids. :)The first day was spent at the Magic Kingdom and by far was my boys FAVORITE park. Noah could ride so many things and Jackson even got to go on Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain. Too fun!!! Unfortunately we started the day on Stitche's Great Escape and that was NO GOOD for Jackson. Why don't they tell you that it is PITCH black in there with Stitch seeming to crawl and breath all over you. Needless to say, Jackson screamed bloody murder the whole time. And once the splash of water hit us, he was inconsolable. I kept wondering what would happen if someone went into labor or something in there and needed out ASAP. I panic a bit. :) But the rest of the day was a blast. We had a great time.
Day two was off to Epcot. Very fun. But onto the best for small kids. My favorite part was watching the Kohler Family compete for the Robot race. Nate won, which was no surprise. That kid is an athlete. But all the adults were screaming for their child to beat the others. We can't help it. It is in our blood. And yes, tears were shed. What is a competition without some cries from those of us that didn't come in first? :) Is that mild abuse to the kids? :) I know people say that they don't care if they win while playing games. But come on. Why play if you aren't even going to try to win. That is the point right? To win?
The biggest bummer about Epcot was not getting to ride Soarin. We were on it. Rising to the sky and the smell of Napa Valley oranges was in the air. When it went black and we were then being moved to another theater. By then, Jackson claimed to have to go potty and there was no way he was going to hold it. What do I do? Risk an accident or give up on the ride. I gave it up and we went to the bathroom. But not without a little talking to about holding it. That line took forever. Even WITH the fast pass. Oh well. There will be other times for Soarin. BUT. . . not to forget, the heavenly empanadas for lunch. My mom, Jason and I (and my kids) wandered through all the different countries in search of food. My dad was there. And then he wasn't. What did he eat? As for us, when I saw Argentina, I was set. Empanadas and dulce de leche. It took me right back to the empanadas I had on my mission. Mmmmmm!The next day was Sunday. Some went to church and some didn't. We didn't. :) Once everyone was back to the resort we all went swimming and relaxed. And to be honest, I could have done that a few other days as well. The pools were a lot of fun (pirate themed and ALL set up for kids) and my kids were able to nap. Ahhhh. . . . Sigh of relief.The day spent at MGM was wonderful. Rainy, but so fun. Jackson and Noah got to meet the Little Einsteins and go to a fun Disney's Playhouse show. They loved it. And I even got Jackson to go on Tower of Terror. He was scared, but he made it. And I even saw him laugh and smile during the ride. All the dropping made his tummy tickle. he heard the older cousins say that and he thought they said, "Made their tummy's stretch" so he kept asking me and Jason if his stomach was going to stretch. :)

Then we spent the next day at the Animal Kingdom. I loved it. We had so much fun there. It was all so new to me and very interesting. We went to some shows, (Bugs Life 3D was hilarious), rode the rides and had a great time. Expedition Everest was awesome!!!! I had no idea that it went backw
ards. :)
The Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party was super neat. All the kids got dressed up and off we went to trick or treat and see some great fireworks. But of course we got rained out. So after fighting it our for a long time, we gave into mother nature and headed home. Who wants to be dripping wet and in costumes. Ewww. That was an expensive bag of candy if I do say so myself.Out last day was spent back at the Magic Kingdom. That is where my kids could do the most and had the best time. Even little Ellie could go on rides. If you can call Winnie the Pooh a ride. :)

We headed home on Thursday and NOW we need the vacation. :) Thanks Mom and Dad for all the help every day with my family. What would my boys do without Grandma Joanie and Grandpa Ko-der? And ESPECIALLY thanks for the time shares. It's about time we all get some use from them. :) That was a wonderful vacation, filled with some very memorable times. Now for p
lanning next years big trip. How about we actually take a VACATION?! :)

15 comments:

Libby said...

Oh Noah...he is so darn cute! I love that pink bow of Ellie's . Cute family and it looks like you had plenty of fun! I am glad you came home though...just to leave again...and then again :). See ya next year maybe :).

EFN Newsletter said...

OK, two things.

1. That video of Noah is HILARIOUS. I was cracking up.

2. I hear you on the what's the point of winning if you're not going to win? Hence the frustration on my blog about playing hangman with 7 year olds that can't spell.

Pitcherpost said...

At last, the Disney World pics! I'm impressed Jackson went to the Tower of Terror, that's the scariest ride there! Definitely agree with you on the winning thing - I'm going to be the most obnoxious soccer mom ever and I can't wait!

Brooklet said...

Noah is such a showman. I love it!

And I thought it really funny that Jackson screamed through the whole stitch ride!! Little kids being scared is funny to me, isn't funny to everyone else??

Kimo said...

Looks super fun!!! I love the pic of you and Jack with huge smiles - you two have the same smile.

Jill said...

fun, fun, fun...hey-where are all the pics of your kids at the character breakfast?

Libby said...

You are tagged :).

Mandy said...

Looks like you had an awesome time! I can't wait to take the kids to Disney someday- how awesome it must have been!

I got your message- no worries- I'm just bummed we didn't get to catch up! Let me know how the interview went and if you're coming to Michigan!

Great to see you!

Jana said...

Jana,
LOVE reading your blog! Just makes me smile.
We almost detoured through Pittsburg this week as we were coming home... as it turned out, we were too anxious to get home to our kids that we just drove straight through from St Louis. I'd love to catch up soon, though, Pittsburg really isn't that far away from Scranton- and I can't wait to meet your adorable family!

Jocelyn said...

OK super cute pics and I still want you to burn them all for me, ok? That little Noah jumping with Kevin was HILARIOUS! Absolutely adorable!!

Whit said...

Jana, the picture with Ellie's legs... oh my gosh I just want to pinch them. So cute. And Noah - classic. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Amy said...

What a fun family trip! I bet it was a lot of work with the 3 kids but looks like you had lots of help. I'd love to do something like that. So jealous!

McKelle said...

Finally you're home! How long were you on vacation? Jealous! Anyway, cute pictures. Looks like you had fun. Are you coming out to visit for Christmas?

Daynes Family said...

Hi Jana it's Jake. Amy showed me how to make a comment. It is good to see you dudes. I can't believe you have three chillins. They are handsome things!

Peace

Jake Daynes

Rachel said...

what the crap. when i comment on people's blogs sometimes it isnt showing up. ahhh! I need a new computer. I love Ellie's little costume. It looks like you guys had a great time. let me know if you change your mind and are going to UT for Christmas. I Really want to see you guys! it would be really great. just think about it. =)