Monday, December 31, 2007

What a season to be merry!

I can't believe that Christmas is already over. It seems like we just barely had Halloween.

This was our first year to stay at our home in Pittsburgh for Christmas and I loved it!!! My mom and dad came for the week, (my mom is still her :)) and we had a wonderful time. My kids were especially happy to have them come, and then hearing that Grandma was going to stay another week?!!!! Life couldn't be better.

We had fun building a ginger bread house with Grandma and Grandpa and licking all the candy and frosting right off. The elves came to the house to bring our Christmas jammies, Grandpa read the boys some classic stories and the quote to remember was when Noah put his head down on the carpet and said, "I can't stay awake." He was trying so hard and just couldn't do it anymore. There was lots of shopping, cooking and just having a great time together. It really was wonderful to be at our home this year.

Christmas morning was fantastic. Santa left lots of toys for the kids and they were gleaming with smiles. When I asked Jackson what his favorite toy was he said, "The Polar Express Train." WHAT!!! That isn't even from Santa. So . . thanks Dad. We should have just let you be his Christmas. :)

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Cute pictures. Looks like you had a fun Christmas! I bet it was nice to stay home and not have to travel.

Lisa said...

It is so funny that you have a bow on Ellie's head even when she's in her jammies - LOL!

Jana said...

I put that bow on 5 seconds before I took the pics. I knew I would be taking pictures of their pj's. :)

Abbigail said...

cute. I am jealous that you got to spend so much time with your parents! Lucky! We stayed in MI but we got a bit lonely. At least we didn't have to travel!
too funny about the bow.

Arah Debra said...

Ditto to Abbigail. I want my mommy! :-(

Brooklet said...

Wow, it looks like your kids hit the jackpot with christmas! So much fun-especially to have Grandma and Grandpa there. I love how you are doing all these traditions with them- I need to get my loser butt moving with that.

Libby said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Staying home for Christmas next year is sounding very nice :)!

Amberly said...

that's so fun that your parents were there, and having a built-in baby-sitter on new years is priceless!

Krissy Lowe said...

Jana, such cute pictures... and I love the snow! Sounds like a great Christmas, when are you going to be in SLC again. We have to plan a girls trip soon.