Thursday, May 1, 2008

Arrrrr Matey!

This last Friday Jason and I went to my first Pirates game here in Pittsburgh. And I had a great time. We went with some friends of ours, Jeff and Libby. The seats were great and the food was delish!! We went to Atria's first and then the game. Where we continued eating. :) Who can pass up cinnamon roasted almonds? Not me. And soft serve? Yep, load me up.
The Pirates lost, which shouldn't be any big surprise to anyone, but they did keep up pretty good. Go Pirates. Actually, I don't care all that much about baseball. Bor-ing. But I will go to games and be entertained. Especially if I have good company to chat with. Thanks Libby. :) It was also fireworks night and that was fun. I always enjoy a good fireworks show. For 3 minutes. Then I am good.

It was a really fun night with some really wonderful friends. And no kids. I think that might have been the best part. And the almonds.

12 comments:

Libby said...

very fun night! cute pictures too. a baseball game must be attended with someone who you not only enjoy talking with (for a long period of time) but someone who also loves to eat! thanks for going with us :)!

Rachel said...

fun! I love the pirates games and fireworks night. I do NOT like toasted almonds because they taste bad. They smell amazing and taste awful making me 2x as sad. When you move to CA we can go see the Giants or something k?

Arah Debra said...

Looks like fun! And your hair is so beautiful!! A little jealous...

McKelle said...

Almonds are nasty.

Kari said...

I'm with you - baseball is BO-RING. But the food sounded scrumptious! In fact, it's making me hungry....

jared & amber said...

Looks fun, I don't like baseball either, I think it is totally boring too. You look cute and tan.

Lisa said...

I love nights out with no kids!

Hillary said...

Jan you are seriously georgous! How fun would it be to actually live in a city with a baseball team? Hmmmmmm.....I can't even imagine. Love your Vera by the way!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Okay Jana~
You NEED to eat for cinnamon roasted almonds.....you are freaking skinny!!
Looks like fun!

Jill said...

cute hair Jana!

JoDell said...

So fun! You all look fabulous, by the way. :) I'm with you on the baseball being boring. The games take way too long and there's not much action, BUT I also agree, it's fun to go to a game with fun people and yummy food. So, yeah for baseball when it involves those two things!

Sandy said...

I love the baseball game hot dogs, probably b/c it's the only thing I look forward to since the actual game is so boring!! You look so good by the way...miss skinny!