Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dance Party!

Noah was loving his music tonight. And so was Ellie. :) Jackson was, (still is) outside playing with the neighbor kids and Noah and Ellie stayed in to have a bath and get ready for bed. It's almost time to say goodnight.

We also had a major play date today with Nora and Tess. They were here from 11:30am-5pm. And it was totally fine by me. Tess is her little sister and is the same age as Noah. They were here from 11:30am-5pm. And it was totally fine by me. It was perfect. While the kids were playing I was imagining one day in the future when (IF) I have a few more kids, life might get easier. They all played together so well and I actually had a few minutes to myself. Let's not forget that Ellie took two, 2 1/2 hour naps so that eliminated one kid. :) We had a good day. And for dinner, we had that Chicken and Corn Chowder from Costco. Yummy. A must buy. (Just something I want to share for the benefit of all). :)

And GET THIS!!!! Noah is on his way to being a potty trained child. I shouldn't way anything for the fear of it all falling apart. But so far, so good. He goes poopy all by himself now. (make that THREE times today). And that is a MIRA
CLE for him. Slowly, it is coming together. And I am relieved!!! I am getting a little sick of having to ask all the time if he needs to go potty. But I hope that will end soon enough. And I am also getting tired of the bribes. Whatever works though! I will keep everyone posted because I know how interesting this topic of my life is to everyone. HA! Maybe I will spare you all the details from here on out. Unless it is a blog worthy event. :) And then I am going to share it!

16 comments:

Amy said...

Mike and Owen have a "dance party" usually when I'm at work. Owen LOVES dancing. It's so cute to see little bodies groovin'. Looks like Jackson and Noah have some pretty cute girlfriends!

Tanya said...

Shake it Ellie. Lars bounces up and down and dips his head. It's so funny to watch. I'll have to try that corn chowder. Sounds yum.

Arah Debra said...

Isn't it so nice living in a neighborhood where your kids can just play all day long? Sounds like it'll be a hard place to leave.

Will & Cheyenne said...

My kids are all about the marathon play dates. I love it. When I have a lot to do, I call girlfriends and am like, "Can I borrow your kids today....to keep mine entertained?"

jDub said...

Ariel, eh? Perfect...that goes along with your beautiful red hair...love it!

Congrats on the potty training thing..I love that stage when you can feel confident in leaving your home with no more diapers!

Playdates are the best....and really kids do just love to hang out with others. I am sure your house is the "fun" house to be at...

McKelle said...

cute post. potty training sucks!

Michele said...

So cute Jana...I love the little swivel hips! A rock star in the making. Sometimes it is the more the merrier and sometimes it is just a living nightmare! I glad it was fun for you as well as the kids.

Bringhursts said...

We had friends over the other day too and I loved it. Even though I was in charge of four kids it was totally easy because they all just entertained each other. Who knew?

Rachel said...

LOVE the video. Ellie is such a big girl. I have been gone SO long!! I think all events are blog worthy. As you can see I use no screening on mine. everything that happens in our lives goes on there. I wouldnt have it any other way. what else would I write about if not for the weather??

Bigelow Family said...

OK so I want to know where you get all those adorable bows! Jealous. I want some for Brynn. Congrats on the potty training! A lot less baggage to carry in your already overloaded to the max diaper bag with toys, snacks, wipes etc. etc.

Jocelyn said...

The boys are cute with their friends but the best part of the post is the video of Noah and Ellie dancing and Noah saying, "No, I just danced!"

Jocelyn said...

It was ALL cute... and I loved the video. That's what I was trying to say.

Lisa said...

Noah reminds me of the naked cowboy in NYC! : )

kristen said...

hey jana- i stalked libby's blog to find you! thanks for buying clips and adding a link... these are going to be so cute on little "e"! you have such an adorable family!

Krissy Lowe said...

Jana, just catching up on your blog. Orlando looked like so much fun! What a blast. I am so jealous. Looks like I will be staying in SD longer than I expected so hopefully we won't miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh little noah, rocking out in his underwear. That seems like so him, I can't see Jackson doing that as much. Kinda reminds me of David Cook's underwear commercial!