Monday, September 8, 2008

The first day!

It has been awhile since I have updated, and I have no excuses other having nothing too interesting to tell. But today I have a blog worthy entry.

Jackson and Noah started school today. And for Noa
h, it was his FIRST day of school ever. Jackson has already been to two years of pre-school so this was no big scary thing for him. He was just so ready and excited to start school. Noah did great too. He was a little shy, but still kept asking me when I was going to leave. I asked him, "Why? Do you want me to go?" And he said. "Yes. Leave." :) But when it came time to actually talk to his teachers, he wanted me RIGHT there. They both looked so cute in their back packs. Noah was LOVING it. I really liked the teachers, their classrooms and all the fun things they have planned for the kids. I am glad there are people that love their job so much and love all these (MY) kids so much. It gives me a lot of comfort knowing they are in good hands with people that really do care about them. But please don't mistake me for the crying mom out in the parking lot. I am glad to have them go and experience new things and build their character. And I am seriously glad to have a little less noise in the back round for 2 1/2 hours. So, here's to another fun and wonderful year of school.

I took a picture of Noah with his teachers, but they weren't on the camera when I went to upload them. So, I will be taking another next time. And I had to promise Noah a piece of candy to smile in his. All for nothing.

17 comments:

Lisa said...

About time you updated! They look super excited to go to school. Nice that they're both so brave.

Libby said...

i love noah in the second picture! what a boy! seeing as school is just down the street you better come hang out at my house every once in awhile after you drop them off.

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

So I have been meaning to write you a comment forever... I am Arah's friend that did your pedicure when you were in Utah! So random but I have to tell you THANKS!! I went to the bow shop (The Lace Place) and I have seriously fell in love. It is by far the best place for bows. I have been looking for a great place and this is so it. Now I tell everyone that I know all about it. So THANK YOU THANK YOU! I am so glad you mentioned it to me when you were here!

Your family is adorable!
Thanks again, Jenny

Amy said...

How crazy! It seems so far off before Owen starts any school but I know it will go by so fast. What adorable boys!

McKelle said...

POR FIN! Seriously, it took you long enough to post something new. I can't wait for preschool time. I always hear moms talk about how they cried when they dropped their kids off at school for the first time and wonder why. I'm so looking forward to those few hours!!! Jackson and Noah are super cute...and Ellie is too.

Gina said...

Yay for starting school! They are so cute in their backpack picture! I bet you are so excited for the free time. One child compared to 3 is free time for you for sure!

Michele said...

The boys look so cute! If you ever have time to kill when the boys are gone...we should do something decedent! Nothing that include wax though!

Arah Debra said...

What cuties! Noah is lucky that he has his big brother in the same school. I'm sure that makes it much easier. And hurray to you for some alone time with Ellie!

JoDell said...

Those boys are so cute! I love seeing them together. How fun that they are both in school now (especially fun for you!).

Bringhursts said...

Your little kids look dang cute with their little backpacks. I can't believe you have kids old enough to go to school. Craziness.

Anonymous said...

they both look SO cute! are you enjoying your time at home alone with ellie?:)

Jocelyn said...

They're both so cute all ready for school, with backpacks... ha ha! What the heck took you so long to post something new on your blog?!

Kimo said...

Ah yes, preschool. Sarah started back today - heaven for both of us! It's amazing what 2 1/2 hours a few times a week can do for your sanity - Ahhhhhhh. Your boys are so darling - I love that they look so different from each other, but you can tell they are brothers.

Will & Cheyenne said...

So cute! Isn't that 2 1/2 hours fantastic!?

Rachel said...

Noah is looking so grown up. Sometimes I forget that he is only 7 months older than Luke. He looks like such a big boy.

Anonymous said...

how fun - you're truly a mom - you have kids in school! When you come over friday we have to do something about your ugly blog header!

Kimberly said...

Finally an update! Such handsome little fellas you've got there. Going to school to break all the girls hearts I suppose:)