Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why do I want to live in California?

For the simple reason that the temperature never drops below ZERO!!!!

This is the second day that my pipes are frozen and my kitchen smells like B.O.!!! That's right, you read it. There is no running water. We made some pretty awesome Chili Verde Burritos a few nights ago and have been enjoying the leftovers for a couple of days. Had I known my kitchen would end up smelling like little Mexico, I would have just stuck to simple P.B's and J's.

Also. . . I haven't been able to do much for fear of my little children freezing some part of their body off. School was cancelled for dangerously low temps. And as I have been selling some things on Craig's List people are saying, "Well, good luck with your move. I hope you are heading off to somewhere warmer."

HA! That would not be Ann Arbor, MI.

Today we loaded up a storage unit of all the pure shwaaaaa that we have somehow accumulated and poor Jason is FREEZING. I bet when he is done he will only have 7 fingers. This freezing weather will surely take a few.

But you know what? It feels so good to have so much gone out of our house. Yes, I know it is awaiting me for unpacking time in Ann Arbor, but for now, I feel like I have been frugal and only purchased things I am using. So, I'm starving, my kitchen stinks and it is FRA-E-ZING!!!!!

20 comments:

Brooklet said...

I heard on the news that it only takes one minute out in this weather to get frost bite. Poor jason. I hope he didn't need those other two fingers.

Kimo said...

I didn't realize your move was so soon. Good luck with everything. We are in sub-zero temps here as well. Try to keep warm. Good luck.

Will & Cheyenne said...

I think you should just keep heading straight over to WA. We might have rain, but it doesn't smell like BO! :)

Will & Cheyenne said...

Are you even pregnant in the picture below with your girlfriend??? You look tiny!

McKelle said...

Yuck. I hate cold weather. Glad it's not that cold here. Keep warm. Cute new design by the way.

Michele said...

Crazy cold weather...I hate it too! I am NOT looking forward to packing up all my crapola. I will never be a minimalist...I am a collector! If you need any help...let me know.

Whit said...

Today it was a "cool" 75 degrees... ha ha.

We do love Cali.

Well - you could come visit.

Tempting tempting....

{Jason and Elan} said...

Amen sista! If I could llive in Cali during the winter..I totally would. Sounds like you guys have it a lot worse than us though.

P.S- Your blog looks so cute! How did you change the fonts for the side bar?

Jennifer said...

It is 81 degrees today I can't complain. I never completely put away the girls summer clothes because I know there will be days when we break out the tank tops and summer dresses. Is Jason done? Is Ann Arbor his official start? I thought you would for sure come out west. We could use a little company out here in CA.

emily said...

Yipes! Sounds miserably freezing! Instead of freezing, maybe just try to think "cozy" instead. Yeah right. Good luck with the move! At least you know you have great friends waiting for you in Michigan! xoxo

The Karrens said...

Not to rub it in (I paid my dues in Pittsburgh) but it was 85 degrees today. Izzie is still wearing shorts to school. Okay so I am rubbing it in a little but I am still bitter you aren't moving here:) Good luck on the move pregnant and all --my moves were all in the middle of pregnancy too, so I feel for you.

Lisa said...

Okay cut the complaining. The awesome friends you have in MI more than make up for the coldness! Okay, maybe only a little bit.

Arah Debra said...

Just reading that made me cold. And I'm going to Michigan next week to watch Lisa's kids. Brrrr!

jared & amber said...

When are you moving? Isn't your baby due soon? How's your dad doing?

Linda said...

Sorry to hear that it's so cold! I heard that an artic chill had brushed through the north. And all I could think of was how much I don't miss the cold frigid weather. Like Cali, it's been warm here. And I'm having a hard time remembering its still January! Stay warm and good luck with the move.

Rachel said...

you're always welcome here. It was HOT today. we went to the reservoir and the kids played in the water. Luke actually got a tiny sunburn on his face. I am not kidding. please come visit me. CA is calling.

NJ said...

Umm... somehow I missed the news that you're moving. Sad! So here's my comment so you can find our blog! Just in case, it's: tylerandnicolejohansen.blogspot.com

emandteem said...

See, spokane isn't so bad. My pipes work fine and it's barely below freezing. :) Good luck with the rest of your move.

Magic Mama said...

It is nice in So Cal. I can't complain -- but you and your family are more than welcome to come visit. Are you planning Disneyland anytime soon?

Krissy Lowe said...

Jana, PLEASE move out this way. Or at least come and visit.