Saturday, April 5, 2008

ROAR back!!

This last week the weather has slowly been getting nice. And so the boys have been spending all there time outside in the backyard. We are lucky to live in such a great location where there are several children Jackson and Noah can play with. And they play together really well. But the other day the boys came inside and said they were done playing out there. I asked them why and Jackson said, "The older boys were "roaring" at us." (Noah was in the background "roaring" as Jackson was talking. So I said to Jackson, "Roar back." I am trying to get Jackson to be a little tougher. He is such a sweetie, and I want him to stay that way, but I also want him to be a little more aggressive. Does that even make sense? Well, it's official. My boys can hang with the big ones now. Look what we got today. Noah was so excited to have a gun that he insisted on taking it to bed. They were shooting EVERYTHING they could for the last hour before bed. And now they are armed and ready to roar back! :). . .or we are redneck!

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Super cute. I can hear Noah roaring in the background as Jackson is telling you all about what's going on. Totally funny! :)

Libby said...

i am with jocelyn! very cute. the gun...just a tad redneck but still cute :).

Sandy said...

Love the redneck rifle!! Now the kids are armed and ready to take on the older kids!! They shouldn't be roaring at your cute younger boys anyways...I say go get 'em Noah and Jackson!!

Kimberly said...

I remember roaring back. I think I was about 5 years old and the next door neighbor boy was taunting me so naturally I kicked him in the nuts. I got a big time out for that one but he deserved it:)

Jill said...

It's about time those boys get a gun! Get em a couple of swords too! oh...and a pistol! :D

Michele said...

I miss having little boys around, it is in their genes to be all about the guns...I hope Jackson only pretends to be a roarer...I love his sweet gentle nature!

Krissy Lowe said...

Welcome to the world of weapons. I feel like if you don't buy them guns and swords they will just make them out of whatever they can...sticks, tampons, paper towel rolls, licorice it doesn't really matter what. I love boys!

Pitcherpost said...

So redneck....jk! I can't wait to hear Jackson come running to you "Mom, Ellie won't let me play with my toys". I think Jackson is such a sweetheart.

Bringhursts said...

I'm dying at Krissy's comment about the tampons. Too funny. Guess I have something to look forward to now that I have two boys. I love that you told them to roar back; I would probably have given the same advice.

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

I guess there are worse things he could want to take with him to bed - so I'm all for it! Although, I think from Jill's comments, she's positioning herself as president of the NRA and I think it's best she not share that sentiment too soon with Cole.

Gina said...

I love that! I know what you mean about Jackson. Kade is the same way. I'll buy a gun when it comes up again!

Linda said...

Oh so cuteI I love it when kids fall asleep with their toys. Kinda redneck, but Noah makes it cute.

wackywilsons said...

I secretly want my kids to play with guns, but they always end up becoming swords with each other and Austin is a big whimp with that stuff!

Roaring....we have enjoyed that one in our house as well, although once again, Austin is such a scardy cat and cries at ever "roar!" How do you prevent fights from breaking out when they roar aLL the time! Good luck with that one!