Friday, August 8, 2008

In a nutshell.

I really haven't been up to blogging the last few weeks, but we have done some fun things.

Two weekends ago we went camping for our first time as a family and had a great time. We went to Raccoon Creek State Park and had so much fun. We
bought all the gear needed to be campers and off we went. The boys LOVED it. And that is putting it mildly. We had hot dogs for dinner, jiffy pop, smores, and treats. And for breakfast we made scrambled eggs and sausage. And pancakes!!! We went all out.We hiked around a bit, rented a boat for the lake and just had a fun time spending time together. The boat ride didn't last as long as we thought since Noah had to go to the bathroom SO bad. I wanted to let him go over the side of the boat, but Jason isn't quite as white trash as I am apparently. :)

The only complaint I had was that Raccoon Creek gets its name som
ewhere. There were TONS of raccoons during the night that scarred me to death. I made Jason check outside several times. I was sure there was a bear. And the boys were all bunched up in the corner of the tent and those dumb raccoons were sniffing hard into them. It was making me sick! But the sun came up and all was well. We are planning on going back next weekend.And last weekend we spent the day at an amusement park here in Pittsburgh called Ildewild. LOTS of fun for the kids. It is the #2 largest theme park in the world for children. And Jackson and Noah loved every second of it. The splash lagoon was my favorite part. I made sure to do the big slides and Jackson even did them with me on an inter tube. We were both laughing so hard at how fast and dark they were. Great memories.And that is it. Other than those two things, there isn't a whole lot to blog about. But HELLO!!!!! I was freaking out that Joshua won!!!!! I knew my votes would pay off. I loved him so much. Does anyone think or know if Katee and Joshua are dating? I really want that to be. That is Noah giving a "thumbs up!" :)

13 comments:

Amberly said...

camping sounds like a blast, good for your guys for packing up the whole world to do that... don't you feel like you're taking enough stuff to stay a week?! I'm also glad joshua won- that was a fun summer show!!

Sandy said...

I'm glad that your posting again...I've missed getting the update on your cute family. Looks like you guys had a blast camping, makes me want to break out the tent and brave the racoons too.

Jocelyn said...

Ben will love that you guys went camping. The kids look like they loved it. I wouldn't love the raccoons... yikes. Camping is fun when it's really hot and you can go escape the heat in the mountains. How many nights did you stay? One night sounds fun to me. By the end of the next day I want a shower. I loved girls camp in CA though... it's really only since I've been an adult that I'm so OCD.

Will & Cheyenne said...

Sounds like fun! If letting your kid pee over the side of the boat qualifies as white trash....I'm in trouble!!

Lisa said...

We're going camping this weekend - not so excited about it but I figure if you can do it with your 3 kids I definitely can, thanks for being an inspiration! : )

thekarrens said...

Joshua and Katee are indeed not a couple because he has a girlfriend. At least that is what Katee said in an in interview after the show was done. You better not tell anyone I know this and if you do--I will deny it.

Michele said...

I love Raccoon Creek...my favorite camping spot so far...I don't even mind the little critters running around all night. We have Idlewild on our list of must do's this summer. Glad you are back in the bloggin world.

Krissy Lowe said...

OK- I definately would NOT be able to a handle racoons sniffing my kids! You are way tougher than I thought, but wow it was so pretty there!Looks like fun times- makes me want to go camping again.

Trimbles said...

IM SO GLAD YOU WENT CAMPING! I"ve been trying to get Christopher to take me for years, since we left provo... I think its almost impossible in OC. And my poor camping gear is sitting sad in the FRONT of the closet (hint hint) wtih dust on it. Maybe he will go now...

About Me said...

Jana, we went camping a few weeks ago too! Lily loved it but man, I am not a camper. We went for 2 nights and I was so done! I hate being dirty and gross! So, are you guys moving to MI? I read your comment on Jake's blog about you going there and I was just curious!

Radene said...

Fun, I had no idea that place was #2 in the world...we'll definately have to try it out sometime. Fun stuff. Nice pictures, you looked like you had a great time camping! Fun family times.

Kimo said...

Wow! I never thought I would see the day when you would go camping! And you didn't even mention anything about bugs - is this the Jana I know and love?!? Glad you had a fun time - the pics are great!

{Jason and Elan} said...

I am so proud of you for going camping! It looks like you guys had a way fun time.