Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And the news is. . . .

Well, I guess it is time to officially announce something that most of you already know. And for those of you that I haven't told yet, it is purely out of laziness and being severely over occupied.

Today I had my ultra sound and we got to see the little baby in motion for about one hour. There was a tiny little calcium deposit on one of the babies heart muscles, but not to worry. The Dr. came in to take a look at it and said that it is totally fine and not to stress about. But of course, I will be googling it later.

The baby looks great. Everything is where it should be and working how it should be. What a relief. Last night I didn't feel the baby move and it started to stress me a little. I got up to go to the bathroom around 1:30am and laid awake until 2:45 praying a worrying that the baby would move and everything would be fine. It was a serious concern for all you that think I am a little worry wart. (Jason included. He had the nerve to even tell me that I probably wasn't really awake all that time).

So, when the tech asked me if we wanted to know the gender of the baby, I got very excited. But I told her to wait a little. I wasn't quite ready for the anticipation to be over quite yet. And then I was ready.

It's a boy!!!! And we couldn't be happier. Really, at this number of child, I am thankful for either. If Ellie never was born and this was my 4th boy, yes. . . I would be so sad. But now that I have each, I am set. So, boy it is. I am very happy and excited to start all over with boy things. My sister Jocelyn just had her first children. Get it? Twins. :) And she had little boys so I gave her all I had. Jason is worried. But I am ready to go shopping. :) As a side note. If I do decide to have a 5th child, it better be a girl. Ellie needs a sister and someone to fight about scrunchies with. Didn't we all hate it if our sister touched our scrunchies?!! :)

So, congrats to me! :)

30 comments:

McKelle said...

Yes, congrats to you. Super exciting! I guess we were right when we guessed you would have the boys and I would have the girls. So, what did Jocelyn end up naming the babies?

Gina said...

Yay! I was going to call you but I didn't know what time your appt was today. Love boys! I also don't doubt that there will be another chance for a girl in the future :)

Jocelyn said...

You are a dork! I can't believe you actually blogged about this before calling. I laughed when you talked about scrunchies... you would know about how much Ellie needs a little sister to steal all her stuff! HA HA! :) I'm so excited that you're having a boy so my boys can have a cousin so close in age to play with. Yipee!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'll forgive you for having to find out via blog :) I'm glad the ultrasound was good. And what do you mean, IF you have a 5th? Please!

Michele said...

Boys are so much fun and less drama! Congrats! I have a ton of super cool boy names if you need any suggestions!

emily said...

omg, i had no idea! how exciting! congrats to you and the fam! xoxo

Brooklet said...

Three little boys and one girl- so cute! Very excited for you and your whole family!

Whit said...

Yea congrats!!!
You have such cute boys... (girl too)... I can't believe you are on your fourth... I remember with Jackson was born.

We are so excited for you!!!

Lisa said...

I didn't know you were far enough along to know that gender, congratulations!

Jennifer said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you, and the worrying thing is sooo natural! Even on you 4th baby. YOur boys are so cute, we need boys for my girls to date! Yeah for you!

{Jason and Elan} said...

Yay, congratulations! Boys are so fun, of course you already know that! I can't believe this will be number 4. weren't we just in Argentina making banana bread like a year ago? Time flies!

Rachel said...

YEA!! I was wondering when it would make the blog. I think it is a little blasphemous to talk about a 5th child while you're pregs. =) I know you've got it under control though, you always made it look so easy. congratulations. I am sure you'll have no trouble restocking those closets. =)

Carly said...

Congrats you guys! I am happy for you that you have an excuse to do a lot of shopping ha, ha.

Sandy said...

yea!! Man, you and Ellie are going to be the queens of the house...you're lucky all those boys are going to spoil you girls rotten :-) Congratulations, we're really happy for you guys.

Amy said...

Oh so happy for you! We all know you make really cute boys, so this will be a real treat. Glad to know everything is going as it should. I'm the same as you, I get a little nervous when I haven't felt the baby move for long periods of time.

PS I love Rachel's comment! I second.

Arah Debra said...

Congratulations! I love boys!! A definite bonus is that he'll be less expensive the Ellie. Girls are just way too easy to spend money on.

Linda said...

Yay! Congratulations! My baby radar was on and I thought you were expecting. He's going to be a cutie, since we know how adorable your kids come:) Glad to hear every thing is going well.

JoDell said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Another cute little Smythe boy is on the way. How fun! I'm sure Ellie will learn to hold her own, if she hasn't already!

Jess said...

That's great! Congrads!! So excited for you.

Anonymous said...

congratulations jana!:) libby told me awhile ago, but i didn't know if i could comment on your blog about it or not! so fun!:) have fun shopping!:)

Kari said...

ConGRATS!! I'm so happy for you. I had no idea so thanks for posting it on the blog! Have you thought of any names yet?

jared & amber said...

Congratulations. I bet it's nice to know what you're having and start to prepare. You are going to be a great mom to 4 kids soon! Lucky you!!!

Trimbles said...

YEAH@!!!! Jana! I cant believe you're gonna have 4 FOUR kids! Im so excited for you!

Krissy Lowe said...

Congrats! I love boys! But you are right it would be harder if it was your 4th boy. How fun. How is Jocelyn doing? Hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

Kimo said...

Congratulations!

emandteem said...

I had NO idea you were prego. Congratulations! How exciting for you and your family. Hope the pregnancy is going well.

Radene said...

Congrats Jana! That is awesome. We're so happy for you! Love the scrunchie comment, how true that is.

The Karrens said...

So, I am officially out of the loop. Congratulations on the pregnancy. And the boy. I was the only girl with 2 boys on each side. I used to want a sister--until I realized the perks!

Jen and Bryan said...

that's wonderful! Man, that little girl is going to be spoiled... three brothers! That will be a BLAST! Congrats, Jana.

Jen and Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.