Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another 3 year old for me!

October 5th was Noah's 3rd birthday and we had a great time. It happened to fall on Sunday so we had a simple little celebration with just our family. The Miracle's happened to stop by and join in the song and cake. All day Noah felt like the king of the world. And we let him. It was his day.

Then the following Wednesday we had the full blown party. And I loved it every bit as much as the kids. We did it total Halloween style and I even decided to embrace the "cool mom" and dress up. Oh yeah, a witch. How appropriate right? For the ward party I am going to try add a wart to my nose. But the night of the party my time was running out and I barely had time to spray my hair purple.

All the kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes, or whatever their mom's could pull together and we had a spooky party. Even my yard turned a little white trash with all the decor. Please see "cool mom" above.

We played Pin the Eye on the Jack-O-Lantern, Spooky Halloween Twister and decorated Halloween sugar cookies. I decided to do a cupcake tree instead of a cake since I made a birthday cake for Noah on his actual day. And it was so easy and fun. Spider webs. So easy.

So, to my crazy little 3 year old. . . I love you more than you will ever know. Even on the days when I want to pull all my hair out and go to a hotel all by myself (or just the bathroom would be nice), I wouldn't trade it for the world. You make me laugh harder than any other child I have ever known. You can also make me a bit nuts. :) But that is what we love!!!! You always know how to make me smile. I love you little Noah. Every single thing about you!! I am so proud to be your mommy.

9 comments:

McKelle said...

Happy Birthday to Noah. Didn't you always have a wart on your nose?

Rachel said...

cutie. I love the look on his face when you're bringing in the cupcakes. Noah's awesome. I can't believe he's 3! and Ellie as always.. so precious. I love the curls.

{Jason and Elan} said...

Happy Birthday Noah! I can't believe how much Ellie and Noah look alike. Don't tell Noah this but, for a minute I thought you dressed Noah up as a witch :) then I realized it was cute little Ellie.

Brooklet said...

The party was lots of fun! Well done! The highlight for me was seeing you dressed up as a witch, I can't wait to see the finished product again at the ward party!
Happy Birthday Noah! We love Noah lots, at our house, too!

Anonymous said...

Noah's such a cutie, thanks for letting Zach and I crash the party! When Noah's in high school, he might not think you are

Anonymous said...

oops, didn't finish my thought. Meant to say, he might not think you are quite as cool if you dress up for his bday party! But now, you are SUPER cool to him!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Noah! And it looked like it was a great party!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday Noah! I love that little boy so much!! That picture of him holding up 3 fingers is so cute... it reminds me of when he was saying "I'm two" and holding up both of his pointer fingers... I loved that! Looks like the party was a great time.

The Karrens said...

I can't believe he is three! So so cute. They are all getting so big. Wish we were there!