Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just an update.

This is simply a quick update of the last few weeks.Here is Ellie getting into the sunscreen. Nothing new. But I was mad. Not mad enough to forget to take a picture though. :) Grease ball!!!Jackson learned to ride a bike without training wheels and I promised him a new bike if he could do it. And he did. Anything for a new bike. And I am so glad he can do it without those lame training wheels. Now for Noah. :)
We had a very fun 4th of July here in Ann Arbor with some new friends. It was a busy day, and so memorable. Delicious food and great people. And such a fun parade. The kids loved decorating their scooters and bikes and showing some USA pride!!! Not to mention I loved doing it too. :) I get teased a lot because I tend to say that every holiday is my favorite. I can't help it. I really do love the 4th. And Valentine's Day. And Halloween. And Christmas. (Duh. That's a given). But I thought it would be really fun to get some good fireworks for the kids (since it is my favorite day) and I am glad I did. I was the coolest mom of the night. Totally worth it. The 4th is my favorite holiday you know.
And we went back to Pittsburgh to go see Les Miserables. LOVED IT!!! I will never forget the first time I saw it in London with my wonderful friend Krissy. We made fun of the super ugly "Les Mis" clothes they were selling and said they were so hideous and blah blah blah. And who left the theater that night with a full blown Les Mis sweatshirt? ME and KRISSY!!! Both of us bawling our eyes out. And seeing it in Pittsburgh I cried just as hard. We went with the Miracles and I am sure Libby and Jason were wondering if I was going to be alright while listening to me sob. Do you remember the movie Meet Joe Black? I was a complete mess, to put it lightly. So, picture that at Les Mis. I love you Jean Valjean.It has been a good month. I actually can't believe that summer is this far along. Thank goodness for Labor Day. That is my favorite holiday ever!!! :)

This was the day that Jackson figured it out. We bought the bigger bike that night and now that training wheels are back on this one for Noah.

8 comments:

libby said...

Oh my goodness, you are so skinny. What has it been, like 2 days since carson was born? Maybe when I grow up I'll be like you. :)

Brooklet said...

You are so skinny, and so tan- not fair, especially since i am only getting fatter and fatter and whiter and whiter- yeah, i am real attractive right now.

i know how much you like the fourth and decorating for the fourth, so I am sure decorating for the parade, you were in heaven. Good job, Jackson- he is in the big league now. I should just take Claire's ghetto and broken training wheels off, and just let her learn to ride without them.

Linda said...

I have to agree with the girls you look great, and have a beautiful tan. And you DO love the holidays! I always loved your holiday decor and how your house always smelled like the holidays.

Will & Cheyenne said...

The story below is hilarious!! Jana~Everything you do is SEXY!

Megan said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Seriously when did Jackson and Noah become "big" kids. It makes me miss you all so much. Any Oregon trips any time soon? (As if you have time!)

wackywilsons said...

U R so funny...post that sweatshirt for all of us to see!

I already knew you are the funnest mom around...fireworks and all

Pitcherpost said...

I'm jealous of your visits to pittsburgh. Ann Arbor seems like a fun place though! That kid parade looked so cute! I don't remember much about the 4th here except that I was sweaty, very very sweaty...

Allison said...

You have some cute kids Jana (can I call you that ;) Hna Koehler?!) I just saw Hna Lowe and we chatted about you and I hadn't visited your blog in a while! Looks like you're doing really well! :) -Allison (Hna Driggs)