Monday, August 10, 2009

Sharin' the love!

My sister Jill told me about this new recipe she tried and LOVED. So I thought it was a MUST try in my family as well. And now a keeper. You all must try this. TO. DIE. FOR.

Thanks to The Kitchen Cafe blog for these ne
w finds. And Jill. Who has also become a very pathetic blogger. :)

I am adding a new chocolate chip cookie recipe as well. She said these were her "FAVORITE cookies ever. Ever." And they are seriously that good. I had to run and get some dark brown sugar, and it is worth it. Chewy chunks of heaven. I really do think my personal heaven is going to be made of chocolate chip cookies. But only ones made with butter. I really hate shortening. Really hate. And don't tell me you can't taste a difference. That is like saying rabbit and chicken taste the same. (Yes. I have eaten both. Thanks to my wond
erful mission in Argentina where I thought it was a joke that we were eating rabbit, but came to find out it was very very serious. :)) Sick. Call me undistinguished, uncultured, whatever. I don't eat rabbit. Or Crisco for that matter.

And speaking of blogs, and cooking and all that. . . have you all seen Julia and Julie? SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! One of the best I have see
n in a long time. I laughed so hard at one part that I missed several other equally funny parts. Please go see it.

"Bon Apetite!!!"


Chicken Tortellini Bake (SIN mushrooms. GAG!)

My new favorite chocolate chip cookies!!!!

On our way out the door to church. No, Ellie did not wear the boots to church. I made her put sandals on when we got there. She loves those boots those. She'd wear them every day if I let her.
My SUPER-DUPER cute baby boy!! He had his check up today and is weighing in at a big 15lbs. 14ounces. And 26 inches long. I could smooch those cheeks non-stop.

14 comments:

Amberly said...

tortellini is on the top of things I LOVE to eat. although I will be adding the mushrooms when I make this... thanks for sharing such yummy finds!

Will & Cheyenne said...

What a doll!! And you look so great!!

wackywilsons said...

Finally some pics!!! Your baby is so delish...and those matchy matchy colors for your kids are so cute too.

You look fantas-tic!

I want to see some posts on Jackson's kindergarten days! Wesley started Kinder last week, Austin goes to preschool now...like Noah?

How are you enjoying the four kiddos too?

Amy said...

Yum O thanks for sharing, I will definitely try it! That pic of Noah holding Carson... so cute. He's getting so big, I hardly recognized him.

Libby said...

love the family pic. i will try both of those recipes in a couple of weeks...once things slow down a bit! 3 weeks 'til D-World!!!

{Jason and Elan} said...

okay, I think I know what's for dinner tonight. Thanks for the recipe!

McKelle said...

What's up with you and mushrooms? Just imagine biting into one. Yum. haha

Cute kids. Is Carson 4 months now? Crazy! Laine was over 16 pounds at her 4 month appointment. She's a fatty!!! She has her 6 month check up coming up.

Gwen is always putting some crazy outfit together. She likes to dress herself. She has some boots too that she wears with everything. Drives me crazy!

Kimo said...

Pink boots for girls are the best!!! Sarah has a pair that she has pretty much grown out of, but she still tries to put them on.

I saw that movie and absolutely LOVED it! I laughed out loud, and cried, and just left the theater happy.

Your kiddos are darling!

Pitcherpost said...

thanks for the tip. Can you believe I actually made the tortellini recipe last night?! But CON mushrooms. lots and lots of them mmmm.....We had people over for dinner last night for the first time since we moved here and yesterday morning I had no idea what to make. Bean salad maybe :) but then I saw your blog and that's what I made them and they loved it!

Ahh...cute Ellie and her pink boots surrounded by boys. You won't have to worry so much about her dating with all those brothers to protect her!

And you DO look great! How do you do it? 4 kids later and you don't look any different.

Megan said...

I TOTALLY agree about the shortening. I even had a recipe call for VEGETABLE OIL in choc. chip cookies. gross.
and yes Cars is ADORABLE, as are Ellie's pink boots. lol. love them.

Anonymous said...

um, that tortellini bake looks AMAZING. i am definitely trying it this week.

p.s. i loved the hunger games!! :)

jared & amber said...

um...you look great. I will definitely have to check out the website, I don't cook but should. My new number is 916-521-2805.

Rachel said...

everytime I look at your blog I say "smyse" like Jackson used to, I can't help it. "jackson smyse"

libby said...

Hey you. You look like you've never even seen pregnancy. Seriously? You make me a little angry. That's all I'm sayin'. Carson is HUGE!

I can't wait to try the cookies. I'm always looking for a CCC recipe to top the 'latest and greatest.'

AND, I FINALLY got back from vacation, and I wanted to tell you where I got that shirt for Mack: why, Children's Place, of course. It was only about three weeks ago, so I'm nearly positive they still have it.

I can't wait to see you in Orlando! Bring on the virgin margaritas, baby!