Sunday, December 13, 2009

You be the judge. . .

Of the UGLIEST SWEATER/VEST/FUR COAT.(Brian and July Savage#1)(Christi and Luke Harmer#2)(Jason and Jana Smythe#3)(Kristen and Abram Ellis#4)(Lisa and Shawn Quinn# 5)
(Dan and Janie Ward#6)
(Elizabeth and Ryan Elder#7)(Anne and Jeff Bednar #8)

Last night we had a party here for Christmas. We decided to have everyone wear their ugly sweaters and a prize was won for the worst of all. So, I want to hear what you think. (If you were at the party and know the winner. . . hush).

It was a great party with lots of delicious food and even better friends. I am really going to miss the friends we have made here in Ann Arbor. I warn people that if they are going to be my friend. . . you are committing to a life with me. And I'm not kidding.

We played some pretty super duper fun games. . . GESTURES and Two Truths and a Lie. That was a new one for me and I loved it. (I learned lots of new things about everyone. Many, many laughs!!!)

Thanks everyone that brought food to share and came to celebrate this season together. We had a great time with you and hope to make this party more of a tradition. . . wherever we are. Utah obviously. :)

I am going to use this as my "Christmas Story" for this week. I really do want to have an "Ugly Sweater" party every year as a tradition. It was so much fun.

As a side note. . . I made my first trip to The Salvation Army. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but rest assured I am taking the sweaters we bought straight back to the donation center. Unless there are any takers for them. Mine and Lisa's are from Sears if you want to go get yourself one. Buttons and bells on both. Who doesn't love a sweater that jingles.

Actually, I have to tell this little story.

Jackson saw Jason in his sweater last night and said, "Oh Dad, I love your new sweater. It looks so snuggly. Can I sleep in it this week?" (All while rubbing his hands all over it).

My boys love to sleep in Jason's t-shirts when we let them (aka no clean laundry), and Jason's sweater was right up Jack's alley. It was that fleecy/chenille fabric.

Okay, that's it.



8 comments:

Abbigail said...

I have to vote for the wards all the way. I love everyones outfits. We never had fun dress up parties like this when I lived in Ann Arbor! I am bummed to miss out on the fun.
There were some similar examples of sweaters at our ward christmas party last night. I loved it. Jana, your sweater deserves an honorable mention.

Rachel said...

I vote for # 7 although you all look equally ugly. :) can I come to the party next year? you should stop moving around, you're going to have a hard time with all these life time friends you're making. :)

Janie said...

You know who I vote for! The party was tons of fun and I am planning on next year in Utah! Great pics of the dance recital too--you are fast at posting!

Pitcherpost said...

I vote for you guys of course! you better hang on to your sweater, give it some years, you will be thinking that sweater is hot stuff. we all will one day...scary!

gwen said...

Too funny! And yay for the pregnant pic of Lisa...I wanted to see that girl prego!! :-)

Hillary said...

Tough to choose, Jason gives everyone a run for their money with his animal/tiger print. Who would ever seriously wear that other than an animal lover? The guy with the mustache and fur vest looked steamy hot as well. How fun!!

Becky said...

Someone needs to tell Dan that it was an ugly sweater party, not a 'wear your around-the-house clothes' party! Oh, man I can't stop laughing! I think Luke got a little confused with his get-up, too! Hilarious!
Abbi, we should have thrown parties like this before you took off! :(

Debi said...

I thought you were preggo?