Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jackson Luke


I really don't think a mother could ever adequately describe the joy that each child has brought into her life. And so it is with my Jackson. From the day I found out that I was pregnant, to this exact day, my love for him has grown to be something that could never be fully expressed. He means the world to me.

Of all my children, Jackson brings more peace and calmness to the Smythe storm than is to be expected. :) He has always been my one child that is so passive and pleasant in almost every situation. Not that my other kids aren't wonderful in many ways, but they are definitely on the more "normal" side of child development. Is that a good way to put it? :)

Here is a quick example. And NOTHING out of the ordinary for him.

I made cupcakes last night for his class at school. After I made all 24, Jackson came downstairs and told me there were 25 in his class.

WHAT?!

I said, "Well, I hope someone is absent tomorrow."

Jackson said, "No Mom. It's okay. I don't need one."

And that is the real Jackson. Always making life easier for his mommy. Always. And never giving it a second thought.

Jackson helps me all day long with whatever I need. Yes, he gets annoyed with me many times, asking for so much help, but regardless of how annoying I am, he does what is asked. Every time. I could count on one hand the number of times Jackson has really been punished. (Don't ask about Noah and Ellie). Like I said, Jackson isn't a totally normal child. I just don't want anyone thinking I'm oblivious because he is my child. I SPEAK THE TRUTH!

I love you Jack!! You make me happier than I ever thought possible. The last 6 years have been the best 6 years of my life because I have a son like you. I couldn't be more proud and thankful to have you in my life, exactly the way you are.
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Amberly said...

what a sweet post about your little man, I can't believe he's six! it sounds like Heavenly Father knew just what kind of big brother your family needed. Happy Birthday to Jackson!!

Elizabeth said...

Happy B-day! I like how you said the "normal" side of child development. HA! He is a great kid!!

McKelle said...

I remember when he was a newborn...and Amber and I wouldn't hold him when we visited. Crazy that he's six.

Kari said...

Oh, I loved the cupcake story. Wow what an awesome kid! Must have awesome parents. ;)

Pitcherpost said...

What a sweetheart, to give up a cupcake, I don't think I would do that even now! Especially considering they were cupcakes for HIS birthday! He really is incredible. I should learn to be more like him!

The first picture on your post freaked me out for a second though, I thought you were announcing your new baby! My thought process "no way, it's too early, is the baby okay? wait, i thought she was having a girl, why did they name her Jackson? Did she have a boy then? And they already have a jackson...ohhh, it's his birthday." the end.

Amy said...

You're right, there is no way to describe the feelings you will always have toward your first born... he's the one who first made you a mom :) What a sweet boy.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Jack! We love you so much and can't wait for you to live near us so we can play and do fun stuff together!

Love, Aunt Gigi, Uncle Bob, Maddie and Will

Rachel said...

he's such a little sweetheart. I am going through a "trying" time right now with my oldest. Hopefully he can learn from Jackson what it means to be a big brother. Happy birthday Jackson!!

Rachel said...

haha, Melanie. obviously she is not sleeping. :)

The Karrens said...

He is such a sweet boy! And I can't believe he is already six! The girls still ask about him all the time. They love looking at pictures on your blog. Happy Birthday Jackso

McKelle said...

In response to your comment on my blog...People have told me 123 Magic is really good. Guess I'll read it and see if includes beating because that's the only thing I feel I haven't done. The other day I wanted to leave Gwen at target in hopes that some random stranger would pick her up and adopt her. Sucker would realize their mistake right away. Come June Ellie and Gwen can misbehave at your house all they want.

Libby said...

you are one lucky mama! you deserve it though! however, i do still wish my kids could be a little more like any of your kids! we miss you guys!

Happy Birthday Jackson!!!

Libby said...

poor melanie! maybe i am not ready for this baby to come!

Will & Cheyenne said...

What an angel! You deserve that kind of kid!

Kimberly said...

What a sweetie pie and so thoughtful. Jackson is going to make a great husband someday. He's a sweet little spirit. I think all of us moms need atleast one who's out of the norm in a good way:)

Confession. Like Melanie I to thought at first you were posting your new arrival and was for a few seconds confused but then realized hey that looks an awfully like her Jackson. Anyways, must be a pregnancy thing:)

Sandy said...

I remember visiting you in the hospital when Jackson was born...what an amazing day! That was way back when we both only had 1! Seems like a long time ago yet just the other day at the same time...know what I mean?! He seems like such a sweetheart!

Jocelyn said...

he really is such a sweet boy! i haven't talked to him since his birthday... did he have a good one? i miss him a lot! i hope my boys are sweet like him.

wackywilsons said...

He sounds like a perfect angel and he is a sweetheart. Happy big birthday to him! I still remember that MAN reunion with our new babies; Jax and Wesley, such a great memory!

Janie said...

I could not agree more! Jackson is such a great kid, he reminds me of Andy--so agreeable and helpful to his mom. What a nice guy to give up his cupcake! No wonder you decided to have four more! :)