Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A day in the life.

I have been trying to come up with something to "blog" about for awhile now. I am sure some of you have noticed my lack of new posts. But I feel like I just don't have anything exciting to share. My days and nights are pretty routine.

Except. . . Ellie had a major fall last Saturday. She fell off the counter in my kitchen. The babysitter called me and it was horrible. Thankfully, Ellie is fine and nothing major happened. I think it might even be safe to say that I cried more than her. I am SO grateful she is OK.

So, not much new here. I woke up today to Jackson asking if he could get in bed with me because his ear hurt. Then Ellie woke up, and I called the Dr. to make an appointment. We ate breakfast, ran on the treadmill (not so much "run" but more like walk), showered and once Ellie woke up from her nap, we all headed over to Brooke's for some great girl time. An attempt at making my FHE board signs was made, but not worth mentioning as I DO NOT like the way they look. Starting over. Then we left to make it to the Dr. Yep, Jackson has an ear infection. (I had the Dr. look at Ellie too just to be on the safe side). :) After that, we were off to fill the prescription, go buy Ellie a big girl car seat http://www.hautebebe-boutique.com/catalog.php?category=4 (that is the cover I bought for it thanks to Emily D. Minus the ruffle), and return after that to pick the prescription up. Now let's go home. Not to forget the stop at Chic-filet for dinner. YUM-O! And now I am sitting here. Jammies on and ready to relax. There is my day for the most part. I failed to mention a funny moment when Jackson told me that Noah pushed him off the chair so I asked Noah to say sorry. He simply put his fingers in his ears and made some sort of noise that was unrecognizable. Nice.

Maybe soon I will have something better to talk about. For now, this is it. Sadl
y. :) I am attaching photos for no special reason.

25 comments:

Sandy said...

You are a busy woman. And I love to see new posts even if they aren't about anything exciting...it gives me something to look foward to in my own "boring" routine filled day :-)

Jennifer said...

HOw did Ellie fall? I too would have freaked out. Can I please get the link to where you get Ellie's bows. I get Claire's flower headbands from my friend Jenny's business. Click on her blog from mine and you'll see her business blog on her sidebar. My life is pretty much the same, maybe that's why my posts are lame and boring. I love reading your posts, even if you think they are boring, I don't!

emily said...

I love hearing updates about your post. And I would have FREAKED OUT if my babysitter called and said M had fallen off the counter! Yipes! Glad to hear she is o.k. And if Ellie gets any cuter. Seriously.

emily said...

WAIT! I forgot to say that I had a serious stab of jealousy when I read that you went to Chick-fil-A! That is my favorite fast food of all time. Mmmmm, o.k. it's a tie with Taco Bell. I know, sick.

Tanya said...

Did Ellie even get a bruise? Wow, scarry. Must not have been that bad. How did she fall? Serious quizzing to the sitter. Those a way cute pics!

McKelle said...

I bet the sitter pushed her off. Seriously folks, accidents happen. Glad she's okay. It's about time you posted something new. I like reading about your life, it's better than living mine. No, my life is just dandy.

wackywilsons said...

I think it's fun just to see your "nothing really going on" days..you should post more of them more often!

Just think...in 10 years, this will be completely different; no more naps, no more pushing off of chairs, and definitely NO MORE 8pm bedtimes! ah! what will we do then!

Gina said...

Hey...I thought it was pretty interesting to read! So scary that Ellie fell off the counter! Wow! I am glad they are all ok. We have never had ear aches and I hope that continues.

Amy said...

I love that picture of Noah. All the fun and cute pictures of kids are when they are half dressed. Glad Ellie is OK, that was a crazy ending to a fun girls date.

Kimo said...

Now you know why I post to my blog so infrequently. I feel the same way as you about not having anything exciting to write - Oh well, I like to get updates every once in a while, you know, just to keep in touch.

Brooklet said...

I like the everyday updates, and I think looking back you will be glad you wrote them- its the everyday things we forget.

Thanks for coming over, sorry that I had no food for you guys- lame, I know.

And love the jacket- Ellie makes it look good!

Unknown said...

I bet the sitter felt sooooo bad. i am glad that she is ok. It's nice to hear your days aren't much different than mine. I love your header and background. Also, what kind of carseat are you getting for Ellie?

Arah Debra said...

Poor Ellie! I'm glad she's ok. Also glad you finally posted again. I missed you! And I always like to see pics of your cute kids.

Pitcherpost said...

I think we're all in the same boat with the posting doldrums - I blame it on January - what a cold boring month. I like Noah's fingers in the ears, he cracks me up constantly. The car seat cover is realy cute - good call on minusing the ruffle. hmmm...cute header (you punk! JK, JK)

Libby said...

once again...cute kids! love the picture of noah!

Rachel said...

cutie kids, Luke came over to see what I was looking at and said "baby ewwi" too much blogging? he knows your kid's name and he hasn't met her. haha.. gross that you had chick filet, gross that you picked that crazy car seat cover. (Cody's gotta be with me on that one) =) I know, you love it and that makes it just fine =)

Libby said...

the carseat cover is adorable by the way! can't wait to see it in person!

Jana said...

Yeah I know. Rachel doesn't know anything!

Rachel said...

I saw the right one and I know you're going to look back there one of these days and you won't even know where Ellie is because she'll be lost in all that pattern and swirl.

Lisa said...

Sorry, I'm with Rachel on the car seat. Paisley? Good thing Ellie is so darn cute that maybe she can overshadow it! : )

Jana said...

PUH-LEASE!

Brooklet said...

Wow, I am loving all the honesty on the post. Rachel and Lisa are cracking me up!!

Radene said...

Jana, way cute blog page, so someone is going to have to teach me how to design my blog page. I am just getting into this thing. anyway, looking good!

Michele said...

The people who LIVE for reading other people blogs what to hear anything! Even the everyday boring stuff is just fine!

Jen and Bryan said...

I'm sure in one of these previous 24 comments someone has mentioned that it's time to get a new sitter. Who puts a baby on a counter? (Besides the mommy who never walks away.) That's a bummer. I'm glad she's ok. She seriously melts my heart when I look at her. She looks like my Addi, I think. So cute!!