Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jackson's 4th Birthday

It has been a fun week for Jackson. Grandma and Grandpa Smythe came to visit and the kids have been loving it. We all have. There is nothing like an extra pair of hands. Or even TWO extra pairs. :)
For Jackson's birthday we went to Red Robin for a yummy birthday dinner and the workers even sang Happy Birthday to Jackson. He acted like he couldn't hear them. But I know he was dying to laugh. (Ellie had her first taste of a chocolate malt and she LOVED it). Then Grandma and Grandpa took him to Target to buy him some new Leapster games. When we got home we opened presents and had a very exciting time playing with so many new things. Even Noah got to open a few things. This clock has a serious weight strength. I know from personal experience. Only a couple of special people got to be there for that. :)I made that cake. One of my friends claims that I don't love home made things. I am hoping this will prove her wrong. I just don't love being the one to make them. But what mommy would I have been if I didn't even try? :)

Jackson got some new games, a couple of new cars, a rock and roll guitar, and a new race track for his cars. It couldn't be more "right" for Jackson. He also got some very fun new things at his party. Games, cars, Flo's gas station (his favorite), one of those "grow your own pet" things, puzzles, DVD, what more?!!! Let's just say he had a second dose of Christmas. You're only 4 once right? Some quote that are becoming quite famous around my friends that Jackson has created and used many times while opening his gifts were, "Holy heck!" "You have got to get out of here!"(he said that in a very excited and surprised mood. And to no one. Just to himself. Sheer disbelief I guess at the present he was getting). "Are you kidding me?" They were all just said to himself, just so happy at what he was unwrapping. And NO, I do not say "holy heck." That is his own creation.
Then for today. It was his big birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. That place has seriously changed since I was little and had my party there. Where are all the freaky robot characters that put on a show? And where did all the balls go? The pizza has sure stepped it up. It's no Pizza Hut, but plenty greasy, making it actually taste edible. The kids all had a great time, (I think) and Jackson loved every moment of it. Unfortunately, Jason was on call again so he had to leave early. We all missed him. :)And of course Nora was there. Did you expect anything less?

So, it was a super duper fun birthday this year. And the BEST part was that I didn't have to do anything for it. Just the party bags and cake. That is so NOT the stressful part. When our little hostess started cutting the cake, my face lit up. I didn't know that was included. Worth every cent. Goodbye mess. Hello clean home.
Thanks to all of Jackson's friends that came to celebrate. We loved having you there with us.

24 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! I wish I was there for all your parties. You are such a sweet boy and I love you a lot! Come visit me again, soon! Tell your mom. You're getting old pretty fast. I love you.
-Aunt Jocey

Jocelyn said...

I love all the pictures and videos. I can totally picture Jack pretending not to hear them singing. The picture of Noah on that wheel ride is totally hilarious.

Pitcherpost said...

Happy bday Jackson - I'm glad I invited myself to his party! I had my party there when I turned 8 and I was terrified of the robot performers, esp. the big gorilla one in the middle that played the piano. Glad they're gone, kids shouldn't be traumatized like that!

Lisa said...

Fun! Great pics and gotta love not having to clean up! Oh, and I would pay to see you on that clock!

Rachel said...

he's so cute. I miss those little "jacksonisms" I could just hear him saying all that stuff in his cute little voice. Nice job on the cake. What are the little white things? I might just steal your idea if it is easy enough. Ellie needs a big smooch on those cheeks.

Jocelyn said...

OK nice that you have gone back and added things to this post. I can't believe you rode that clock ride. Which of your friends were there and why did they not take a picture?! Next time post once it's all written.

McKelle said...

Yeah, I would have loved to see you on that clock thing. Are you sure it really carried you all the way around? haha Nice cake. I'm impressed. Happy Birthday Jackson. I can't believe he's 4. Remember when he was born and I wouldn't hold him? That was funny!

Jill said...

Such the loser aunt I am...Happy Birthday Jackson!-I won't lie...I completely forgot-even though it's written right on my calendar and I've had Jack's b-day gift sitting with the Christmas presents. Jana, that cake is amazing! I can't believe you made that-way to go! He sure did have a fun birthday...I guess Chuck E. Cheese isn't so bad after all. And you'll be happy to know, I mailed Christmas and Jack's b-day today (finally). I thought Jason would like to get his sweater before Winter was over and Spring had arrived :D

Bringhursts said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson! Jana, those pictures are darling.

Michele said...

Gotta love Chuck e Cheese...I especially loved Jackson's dance...look out dancing with the stars here comes Jackson! You only turn 4 once and it is usually the first birthday party they remember when they are all grown up.

Jill said...

from Will: you're a good dancer and funny Jack! I love you super much and that cake is nice. Happy Birthday at Chuck E. Cheese!

Kimo said...

Nice job on the cake! It's really super cute! It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating Jackson's 3rd b-day at the fire house - where does the time go?

Libby said...

What a fun birthday...two whole days to celebrate! the party was great! that is the way to do it for sure! thanks for letting us come!
i was totally lol at jackson's vidoe...he really does have some moves! and then ellie...that was pretty funny too. she is so darn cute!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! and boy is everyone getting so big! Your little girl is so cute with her hair bow! Anyways glad to hear and see everything is going well.

emandteem said...

Happy birthday jackson! I'm all for the party away from home. Worth every penny. And jana, Spokane isn't always like this. They hadn't had a school snow day in the last 5 years (or at least that's what I heard). All our friends say this is not the 'norm'. But actually, we're having fun in it.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! I wish I could have gone. When's the last time I've been to Chuck E Cheese. I must have been real young. I do remember those robot characters though. Maybe they're too frightening now that I think about it. Love the video clips. Jackson has moves!

wackywilsons said...

Good for you for making the cake. I voted to just do the cop out "cupcakes" and call it good...I think if I make cakes for their first birthday, that should be good enough, right? At least I can feel better about that decision...

Wesley hasn't gotten into leapster games yet, which ones do you use?

He loves transformers right now, as well as anything that he can take away from austin...ha!

Arah Debra said...

That boy's got some serious moves. Happy Birthday Jackson!

Hubers said...

Happy Birthday Jackson. It seems weird that it's been that long. I loved reading your blog. You are hilarious!!! We miss having you guys around.

Sandy said...

Has it really been 4 years since you were pregnant and living in Woodchase? Man, so much has happened since then...like 2 more kids and major moves for each of us, but time has really flown by and it seems like just yesterday.

Gina said...

I think the thing I missed most about not being there is hearing the funny things come out of Jackson's mouth when he opened his presents. I love his cute vocab! I wonder where he gets it? :) Happy B-day "Jackie" (as Kade would say).

Jess said...

What a great Birthday. Loved the cake..is there a trick to making it? Your kids are so cute!

Brooklet said...

I could have sworn I commented on this, but apparently not. Happy Birthday Jackson- you share your birthday with great actors like Elijah woods and Alan Alda. Fantastico!

The party was great, thanks for letting us come. Claire had a great time (I had a great time too).

I was there when Jana was riding the clock. I didn't have my camera close by or else I would have got it- what was so great is it makes not one slow rotation, but two. And by the time she was done, there was a line of seven year old girls waiting to get on it. Good Times!

Cara said...

Nice job on that cake! :) I loved Jackson's comments...holy heck! That's pretty funny.