Friday, March 14, 2008

Dating before 16?

How do I begin? I guess I will just get it out in the open. Jackson had his first date. No. I am kidding. But we did take Nora to the movies with us yesterday. And we had a great time. We went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. Very cute. The kids had a wonderful time and I did too. It is so fun taking my kids to do those kind of things. We left Ellie at home with her daddy so that we could actually watch the movie. I love how when your kids get a little older, you can do so much with them. Noah is still pretty little, but since he has his older brother doing things, he also thinks he needs to be involved. And for movies, you betcha! Thanks boys for letting me have so much fun with you.

(Nora invited Jackson to the movies for tonight. They went to see the new Dr. Suess movie. He was THRILLED to go with Nora and her family. This was my threat all day long. "You better do . . . or you can't go with Nora." Worked like a charm. :))
.

15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Jackson is cracking me up with his "dates"! Two in a row... that's more than me and Ben. :(

{Jason and Elan} said...

Your little Jackson is such a cutie! And I love the new blog design. Love it so much that I have the same background too. Oh well.

Cara said...

Jackson is totally dating! That's hilarious! :) Who could resist that kid? Especially in that cute suit he wore again today. Adorable!

Michele said...

Too cute! This is only the beginning girlfriend...let's just hope all his little girlfriends are as sweet.

Arah Debra said...

What a little ladies man! I love going to the movies with Gavin. It's so fun to be able to do things like that together.

Amy said...

Jackson and Nora sittin' in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Just make sure it doesn't get out of hand Jana, OK?!

Libby said...

way too cute. remind me to give you a copy of For the Strength of Youth :)!

Brooklet said...

I still remember my first crush when I was in kindergarten. His name was Danny and he had blond curly hair that bounced around as he ran (because I chased him a lot). I bet Jackson will remember NOra for the rest of his life!

JoDell said...

So cute! Can you call it a date if your Mom's there? I wonder what it would be like if dating was really like that...

(14 years in the future) Jana: "Hey, Jackson, where am I taking you and Nora tonight for your date?"

That would go over really well, don't you agree? :) Some parents would be perfectly happy with that arrangement...trust me, I have those parents!

Pitcherpost said...

Better start laying down some ground rules, feet have to remain on the floor when sitting on the couch, blinds open, can't go past the front room, back massages are bad, oh wait, those are my BYU apartment rules

Keri said...

So you are hilarious! I told my sister-in-law about your "poop post" when I visited her after baby #2 arrived to cheer her up:)...basically since I still can't fully relate to everything that moms experience. Can I add a link to your blog on my blog? I don't know if is there proper etiquette for adding someone. But I always enjoy reading your posts, especially after a long day at work!

Rachel said...

so what are you waiting for? we all know you're pregnant. Just write the freaking post already. I know you can't go a whole YEAR without getting knocked up.

Lisa said...

Man I miss "movie days" with Keely! They've become far less frequent since Ben was born.

jared & amber said...

She is so cute. I say go for it!

Kimberly said...

I didn't know Jackson was a gigolo if that's how you spell it:) Wow two girls at the same time that's impressive. I wonder if they know he's two timing them? Hmmm...so I heard a rumor that you were knocked-up, is it true:)