Monday, March 10, 2008

Too funny to forget

We all know my Jackson, a huge sweetheart. But when it comes to eating his fruits and veggies, he is a nightmare. As he gets older, he gets better. But still not "great." Jason and I have told him too many times to forget that if he doesn't eat his fruits and veggies than he isn't going to be able to grow big and strong. And he won't be able to run fast. Blah blah blah. So . . .

This afternoon we were all in the backyard playing. Jason was with Jackson and they were talking about running or something like that. Then Jackson said to Jason, "Noah runs faster than me." Jason said, "No he doesn't!" (Being a supportive daddy). Then Jackson says something that we have been laughing about so hard. Jackson said, "Well, he should since he eats so many better things for his body than I do. " He said it as a matter a fact. :)
Touché!

When Jason told me, I couldn't stop laughing. Mr. Sweet and Mr. Smarty. Nothing gets by our Jackson.

12 comments:

{Jason and Elan} said...

That's a cute story! I too have trouble getting my little Noah to eat his veggies. He has no problem with fruit or anything else. I am thinking about trying the recipes from that book "Deceptively Delicious". They are recipes for cookies and brownies and all sorts of things that have veggies in them.

Jocelyn said...

Jackson is killing me! I guess you'll have to come up with other "reasons" he should eat his fruit and veggies! How about telling him that he can't have a treat for the night if he doesn't eat them? Oh wait, that doesn't work either! HA! I'm sure one day he'll start eating them without gagging.

Megan said...

Isn't Noah the kid who loves his peas and corn mixed together? What a riot! Love you guys. Miss you too!!!

Jen and Bryan said...

I am DYING over the blow out a few blogs down. That happened to Bryan with Addi yesterday at church. It was AWESOME!!! All over his pants. And who can forget the pile of ria she left on the gym floor... right in the middle of Gospel Doctrine. Better him than me. Besides, he got to go home and watch the rest of the Suns game. :)

EFN Newsletter said...

Seriously, what's wrong with that Noah?

Tell Jackson I'm sure Noah will kick Max's butt when they get together because Max is in Jackson's boat.

Cara said...

What a smarty! At least Noah is a good example for his big bro! Ha ha! So I thought of you the other day when Liam "tooted" at the table and told me "my caboose just burped!" Gotta love those boys. :)

Michele said...

That is so funny! Sounds just like Jackson...I miss having a funny three year old that keeps you laughing day in and day out.

emily said...

Too funny! Maybe Noah can come over here and show Madelyn how to eat some veggies.

Libby said...

i love that boy! both of your boys never stop making me laugh!

Arah Debra said...

That's great! What a cutie!! I wish Gavin will listen to our warnings that he's not going to grow big and strong. He couldn't care less.

Amy said...

Jackson has always been so perceptive. What a cute and memorable story.

Kimberly said...

What a funny little guy and so perceptive. Kids really do listen to what we say after all:)