Saturday, March 1, 2008

A favorite of mine! The Drowsy Chaperon

Last Wednesday, a friend of mine (Brooke of course) and I went to see The Drowsy Chaperon and loved it. Every last second of it. Except when I thought I forgot to lock the car about 3/4 of the way through the show. I had a minor nervous breakdown. But Brooke stayed calmed and come to find out, it was locked all along. (Sorry I never told you Jason). :) Back to the show. It was hilarious. We laughed the whole way through it. From start to finish. If this show comes to your town, it is a MUST see.

I do have to give credit to my good friend Lisa for telling me about it. Lisa loves it and since we have similar tastes in humor (and most other things besides baby bows), I really wanted to see it. We tried to go when we were in New York last November, but the morning we went to get the tickets, STRIKE!!! Perfect timing. So, when I saw it was going to be in Pittsburgh, I had to jump on it. Brooke was the only taker of my friends that wanted to go see it and we had a fun time. We went to the Lion King about a month ago and this was so much better. Totally entertaining.

The guy in the picture with his arm up was the BEST. I'm talkin' on fire!! I actually wish he was a real person (his character that is) that I knew personally. I could have listened to him for hours. :)

8 comments:

Arah Debra said...

I'm so sad we weren't able to go in New York. Hopefully it'll come to SLC someday soon. Or maybe we'll just have to go back to NY. I'm glad you had such a great time. And glad you didn't forget to lock your car.

Cara said...

So I've never heard of that show, but it sounds so entertaining. Wish I would have known about it. :) Realistically, I probably couldn't have gone, but it's fun to dream. :) Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. :)

Brooklet said...

Thanks for talking me into it. I loved it. And Arah Debra- it is coming to SLC in June.

Arah Debra said...

Yea!! I'm so there.

Gina said...

Hey now...don't say none of your friends wanted to go if you didn't invite them all! I would have been so down! You know me and my feelings about going to almost anything I am invited to! I am glad you had a good time. Sounds like a sily one.

Pitcherpost said...

I'm so bummed I missed it, although I can't complain about my conflict. I'm going to be on the lookout for more shows!

Lisa said...

I'm so jealous you went without me but so glad you liked it! I think the woman's kind of mental breakdown was my favorite part, at least the part I laughed the hardest at.

Oh yeah, and for the record I like bows, just not bows that are bigger than a child's head! And I'll also throw in that I'm not a fan of paisley. : )

Denise said...

Hi Jana, This is Denise Dahlquist (now Gonda). I ran across your blog looking at Renaes. It is fun to see pictures of you and your darling family! My email is ddgonda@yahoo.com. Write me a note and I can send you a link to my blog (it is private). Is your husband a resident? Mine is too. Hope to talk to you again soon! Denise