Wednesday, March 5, 2008



This was a big night for Noah. He finally went potty on the toilet and I am so proud of him. He has been sitting on it for a couple of weeks now, but never actually going. And tonight was the night. I was bugged that he wanted to go and sit on the toilet because he was already in bed and so was Jackson, but I did it anyway because I knew that if I didn't, Noah would keep screaming to do it. You know my Noah. At first I put him on the toilet and left his diaper on. He insisted I take it off. I did so, but very begrudgingly. Then he tutted. Noah looked at me and said, "I want my new toy now." I told him, "Nice try." And then he told me, "I love to toot." It was time to get off the toilet at that point. (After he told me, "Daddy loves to toot too."). I chuckled a bit and then told him to get down. He then began to go potty. And I was gleaming!!!! Yea for Noah!! He was SO proud of himself. And off we went to get a new toy. I had a rubber snake that he won for this special occasion. And it is a hit. Jackson climbed down off the bunk bed, gave Noah a high five and had a few seconds with the snake. I am so excited, but I know better than to expect miracles. :)

15 comments:

Gina said...

Yeah! I can't wait for that day! Go Noah! I hope he keeps it up.

Brooklet said...

That is funny, I was laughing about Noah's and Jason's like of 'tutting'. And I love the high five at the end. Good job Noah!

Arah Debra said...

That's so funny! I'm sure Jason is really going to appreciate that comment.

{Jason and Elan} said...

Congratulations! I can't wait until my Noah can do the same, but for now we are still working on the talking thing.

Jocelyn said...

I can not begin to tell you how much Noah cracks me up. I CAN'T GET ENOUGH! Way to go potty on the toilet! Kick those diapers to the curb!

Rachel said...

so, Jason's a tooter huh? interesting.

Cara said...

Good for Noah! And maybe you should have a talk with Jason about some things. Maybe ibuprofen will help him with that. ;)

Kimberly said...

Congratulations Noah! Toot Toot! Later in life Noah's going to be wondering why his mom posted a picture of him on the toilet. LOL.

wackywilsons said...

You are all about your kids bodily functions these days! I love it!

Potty training....yikes...a hard subject to ever tackle. But, how nice it will be to just have one diaper to change for once.

Be grateful at least he didn't say, "mom toots too!"

Michele said...

The day they are diaper free is a glorious day...way to go Noah!

Tanya said...

So this is an old post now, but how is he doing? Still going on the potty?

Lisa said...

LOL! Has Jason seen that "daddy loves to toot too" comment. He's going to kill you for that!

Kari said...

Now I know why parents have more than one kid. They are hilarious! I can't wait for Londyn to start talking. I can only imagine the funny things she'll say. Congrats on the potty training - that's quite the accomplishment I hear.

Steve, For what it is worth! said...

Yes.......I know the little guy is going to like seeing the toilet picture come back to life when he's about 17 or so.
I know.
I have experience, but I tracked down and destroyed all copies. Today though I wouldn't mind having the picture.
Nice family you have, funny post.

JoDell said...

I am cracking up! That's hilarious! Kids will do almost anything for a new toy. (Bribery...it's totally the way to go!) That's exciting. Won't it be nice to have only one in diapers? Hopefully it's soon!