Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Easter

This Easter was a great day for us. For many reasons. Jason was home being a huge one. About three weeks ago Jason and I were asked to speak in church on Easter. Umm hello. I HATE speaking in church. I had no choice but to say yes. I know I know. I am big talk. I always say I will just say no and that I have no reservations in doing so. But I never do. I wish I had it in me. I am glad that it is over and I am also glad I had the opportunity to do it. It was a great experience for me to feel the Spirit more and study the scriptures as well. I try to express my feelings about the gospel to my kids a lot. But it has been a long time since I have been able to do it in church and it felt wonderful. Not to say that I will be volunteering any time soon to speak again, but I learned new things and felt the Spirit more than I do in a normal circumstance. I guess the blessings that we receive in speaking in church come after the talk is over, when you feel stronger, more peaceful, and happier. At least that is how it was for me. I remember as a missionary sharing my testimony DAILY and several times a day. Nothing could make me happier. Going to bed each night always felt so good because 1) I was EXHAUSTED and 2) I had shared my testimony. Unfortunately the opportunity doesn't come as often anymore. I miss those feelings. I miss that missionary life. But anyway. . .Easter. It was great. We got home from church and I ran inside to hide the baskets and eggs. I told the boys that I had to go inside and make sure the Easter Bunny wasn't there anymore because if he saw little kids, he would have to leave with all the stuff. So, a quick hide and the boys were dying to come inside. It was a lot of fun watching them get so excited. I love seeing little kids believe in magic. One day it will be over and I know that I will miss the innocence of small children.We had a scrumptious dinner at Brooke and Cody's home with some other friends and enjoyed our time there very much. After hanging out and getting fat, we called it a night.

The boys went through their baskets AGAIN for the hundredth time and then got ready for bed. I think next year we are going to start doing the Easter egg hunts and baskets on Saturday and leave Sunday for the "right" things.

28 comments:

Megan said...

That is so weird! I spoke in church on Easter too! and yes I agree, you realize the blessings once you are DONE! =)

Amy said...

I love the idea of doing all the commercial stuff on Saturday and saving Sunday for the right stuff. I think it was a very spiritual Easter too. The spirit was so strong at church...I think even Owen felt it because he was abnormally good! Thanks impart from yours and Jason's talk. Especially that part about reading the Ensign instead of blogging. Do you think I should heed his counsel???!!! That was rhetorical. Glad you had such a great day.
PS The kids looked so cute!

Amy said...

Which template are you using now?

Cara said...

Your kids look cute, your talk was great, and glad Jason was home. :) What more can I say?

McKelle said...

Your kids look so cute! Good job speaking in church. Not so fun, but worth it I guess. You're skinny you big jerk!

Gina said...

I am sorry we missed your Easter church talk! How sad that we weren't able to go to church on Easter! I am glad it ended up being a blessing...it always does.

Tanya said...

Would have loved to hear your talk. I'm sure you did fabulous. How come I never feel more peaceful and calm after giving a talk??? :) YOur kids looked lovely!

Jocelyn said...

The boys are SO cute in their matching outfits and Ellie is a DOLL as always! Happy Easter! I love those kiddos!

Rachel said...

that picture of them all laughing is priceless. "Baby Ewie" (as Luke calls her) looks like she has a tan. You look skinny and fab as always. I wish we could have gone to Brooke and Cody's for dinner. Maybe next year we'll make the cut. =(

Jill said...

the kids look so cute....Ellie is a serious bundle of chubs-love it!

Arah Debra said...

I had to teach in Relief Society on Easter Sunday. Not as scary as giving a talk in sacrament, but pretty stressful. Your easter pics are so cute. I think Gavin and your boys have the same sweater vest. You have such great taste ;-)

Arah Debra said...

And Jana I'm so confused by that last picture of you and Ellie. It looks like a car is stuck in the ground behind you.

Brooklet said...

Okay, you officially can no longer join in the conversations about post baby bodies. I don't even what to hear it! You are a skinny minny. That's right, I just said skinny minny, like I am 73 years old.

And the kids, beautiful! They looked so cute all dressed up. And if you are looking for a pair of socks from that day, we have them here.

Rachel, you have to do some serious kissing up to be invited next year!

wackywilsons said...

hey girl

You and I both had to do the talk thing this year...good thing we can wait until next year to pipe in a few more thoughts...

Life as a missionary, hard but well worth it when you think about how much we grew spiritually in such a "short" time. You are such a better person for having served in our camping mission, with pants underneath the skirts and sleeping bags to sleep in!

Your babies are adorable...and talk about a flat tummy! you look great!

Krissy Lowe said...

Jana what the heck, you are so skinny. I am so jealous- no more post partum body for you. Your kids look darling too. Happy easter.

{Jason and Elan} said...

The kids' outfits were so cute! Your little Ellie is so photogenic and adorable. You look great by the way. No way would anyone know that you are a mother of 3 by looking at you. Good job!

Jess said...

Very cute pictures..I especially like the one were your holding up you little girl. You look like you had warm weather for Easter so lucky!

Michele said...

Your talk was great...and I agree about leaving Sunday for the more spiritual stuff...we tried to take the bunny out this year and Cory and I hid the eggs filled with little notes from us along with some sugar.

Bringhursts said...

Cute kids and cute Easter outfit; I still can't believe you have THREE! Glad you guys had an awesome Easter and glad your husband got to be with you (I can relate since I've also been a widow to Todd's academic life).

Jennifer said...

Um, I am confused by the last picture, where is the front of the car and why does it look like it's sinking?

Petra said...

Your family is getting so big. I can not believe it. You all look great. Easter is so much fun. I bet you did a great job speaking in church.

Anonymous said...

I love how in the first picture, Ellie, the youngest of them all, is posing perfectly for the camera but the older kids aren't! She looks extra adorable there. Even though I'm like the 40th person to say so, I thought the same thing before I read any comments about how tiny you are lookinh. Instead of going on about how fab you look, I'll just say, you super suck.

Radene said...

Very nice Jana, cute pictures and so happy for you that Jason was able to be home. and By the way, you look so nice and skinny in that last picture! And your talk and Jason's was very good. Thanks!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, could Ellie be any more of an adorable little chunk? I'm glad your talk went well, sounds like you all had a great Easter!

McKelle said...

I just heard that Jocelyn is pregnant...and with twins. I'm so excited for her. When is she due? How is she doing?

jared & amber said...

How was Washington? Did yousleep in the Monaco?

JoDell said...

I'm sad I missed your talk! I was looking forward to it. Your kids are so adorable! They always have the cutest, most stylish clothes. Love it! You look super thin (as always). Are you sure all those kids belong to you?

Kimberly said...

Where do I get a flat belly? You look great! Oh yes, Ellie as always is such a cutie. Watch out boys her comes a heartbreaker. I just love her cheeks!