Monday, June 16, 2008

Chubs?

I am sitting here setting up this awesome thing my sister Jill told me about called, "My Rewards Board" and Jackson is loving it. For all you that have children that are ready to start helping out, this is great. And it is free for the first 15 days. Depending on how well he does, I just might buy it. I mean come on. I have made the charts plenty of times and know good and well that I hate having them up in my house. Messing and ugly. So, maybe this is the key to my success. But here is the reason I am posting.

All the sudden Jackson was feeling my upper arm. Then rubbing it. Then out of nowhere he said, "You have a little bit of chubs on your arm." WHAT!!!!

I laughed and said, "I do?" He said, "Yeah, a little." I told him, "No I don't." He said, "Yeah, you do."

Well, excuse me for having three kids in 3 1/2 years. And for loving chocolate chip cookies and delicious mint brownies. (Thanks a lot Jocelyn. This is all your fault!!). And for not being as serious as I should about my work outs. WAAAAAA!!!

Then he asked me if he had chubby arms. I told him no. And then he asked about his legs. And his face. And then his buns. LOL! So, I told him he didn't have any chubs anywhere. Then I took the scary step of asking him if I did. And bless his heart. . . I only have chubs on my arms. :)

12 comments:

Brooklet said...

Having just worked out with you this morning, I know for a fact you don't have chubbs on your arms and that you ARE very serious about your workout- slinging 16 lb weights around like they are nothing.

Just had to make that clarification.

McKelle said...

What are your workouts anyway? I think Jackson is just a big fat liar. He learned it from you for sure. You have no chubbs. It's a good thing I'm not his mom, he'd have way more places to point out the fat.

Michele said...

You have no chubs anywhere! not even your arms. I love the pictures of the kids they are so darn cute!

Bringhursts said...

Don't ya just love the things kids say? They always know how to boost your self esteem. So, on the chore chart, can you count getting Mommy a drink as a task?

JoDell said...

What?! You do not have chubs anywhere on your body, and, please, do not contradict me on this one...no one will believe it anyway. Plus, from what I hear (and can see from how super skinny you are), you ARE serious about your workouts. So, just because your arms are a little bigger than Jackson's, it does not mean that you have chubs! That whole conversation with Jackson was pretty fun, though. :)

Hubers said...

That is too funny!!!
So Jackson looks just like Jason with Jana'tude!

Anonymous said...

jana, thanks for filling me in yesterday about strollers! i was just getting ready to order the baby planet and realized that the double doesn't have a bar on it in front of the kids...so now i don't know again!!!

Lisa said...

I wish I only had chubs on my arms! Fun catching up on your blog, sorry I've been such a slacker - come see us soon!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, if jackson thinks you have chubbs on your arm, I wonder what he would say if he got a load of my arms! I'll be sure and avoid him so he doesn't ruin my fragile self-esteem.

jared & amber said...

That is so funny! I agree with McKelle, I'm sure he didn't come up with that all on his own...you are way to hard on yourself! I wish I could see you when you are in Utah...sad I will miss you!

Rachel said...

wow, you're brave. that's what kids are for =) I seriously doubt you have any chubs.

Kimo said...

Funny! I'll remember to keep my arms covered up when I see Jackson again.