Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just to remember

This is simply for my own memory.

Today, while driving to the mall I asked Jackson (and Noah) if they knew what religion we were. A friend of mine and I were talking today in her car and her daughter repeated us saying "I'm a Mormon" and I wondered if Jackson would know to tell someone that if he was asked. Nope.

So I said, "Are we Mormon?"

Jackson said, "Oh yeah. I am a Mormon." (Noah repeated him).

Then I kept on driving. Baby Einstein was blasting in the back round and I was enjoying the quiet in the front of the van. :)

Then Jackson asked me, "Mom, when is Jesus going to come again?" I said, "One day He will come again and it will be wonderful. But no one knows when that will be."

Then he said, "So, I guess he will just land then? Maybe fly?" (I am pretty sure he was talking about taking an airplane). I smiled. And then had no clue how to explain His "arrival" so I said, "Almost like He is floating."

Jackson just stared out the window and I could tell he was trying to picture it. For him, I think it was fun to imagine Jesus flying. And I thought it was so sweet that he wanted to know more about Jesus coming again. I know Jason and I try to talk about those things often, but never often enough. I am thankful for primary teachers that teach him so much. He is at such an impressionable age.

This was just a simple little memory that I wanted to have forever.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Such a concept is hard for me to grasp (or visualize) so I can imagine how hard it must be for our little ones. I'm sure you are a better teacher than me.

Kimberly said...

I never grew up knowing these things in depth I just thought Jesus was a story someone made up. Now I am a Mormon with information overload on the subject:) My mind is still trying to wrapp itself around it all. At least kids have amazing imaginations to grasp these concepts, it probably makes it easier and extremly interesting:)

wackywilsons said...

So....those pics are so darn cute and what a great story about Jackson....love it!

When do you guys move?? And where?? And how far away are you from DC?

Kari said...

What a cute story. Kids take things SO literally that you do have to be careful how things are explained to them. When my sis was pregnant she told her 4 year old that the baby was in her tummy. After a few seconds of pondering this information, he asked her if the baby was going to come out with food all over him?! We laughed and laughed.

Will & Cheyenne said...

Beautiful story!!
Deaven (at about age four) said to me, "I can't remember living with Jesus before". I said, "I know sweetheart, that's why we want to get back to Him so badly". And then he said, "But I don't understand why you didn't take any pictures".
SO FUNNY!!!

Brooklet said...

We have had that exact conversation with claire- she wants to know if Jesus can fly. Like a superhero. My answer was Jesus can do anything he wants (I know, thats a real good answer). Then she asked if he had wings. And with every answer I gave she had a billion 'why' questions.