Friday, June 13, 2008

Too scared to hike?

Me: "You guys want to go hiking tomorrow?"

Jackson: "Nah. I'm too scared of wolves and bears."


Noah: "Yeah, I want to go hiking."

Jackson: "The bears can scratch through our tents Noah." (Telli
ng him in a warning voice. . . like he better think twice).

Noah: "Yeah!! Bears!"


And there is the personality of my boys.

On another note, I got a new stroller and I can't wait to get it!! I have been coveting many a stroller the last 6 months or so and just can't seem to find one that I am happy with. Why can't someone design the perfect stroller? It doesn't seem too hard to me. Is a mom
ever involved in it? Ever?
~cup holder for both parent and child. Like bigger than a bottle of water.
~napper bar

~good storage basket
~LIGHT WEIGHT!!!

~small
~fold easily

Is that too much to ask for?

A few weeks ago I bought the Peg Perego double side by side. No good. I own the Combi side by side and have loved it, but seriously need a new stroller. Just for the look of something new and not abused. It has been almost 3 years. I am ready! The sit and stand sounds like a good idea, but I seriously dislike pushing that long of an object. And the nicest brand I could find was still not that nice. I returned the Peg Perego (thanks Libby) and bought this:

I hope it will be prefect. Or at least closer to perfect than any of the rest. Noah refuses to sit in the stroller so I bought a nice single. PLEASE BE GOOD!!! I will let you all know for future stroller purchases. (To my sister. They make a nice double side by side).

And I am posting random pictures just so grandparents can get SUPER excited for this little clan to come soon. :)LOVE this little addition to our back yard. Perfect for Ellie and the boys are enjoying it too.Shoving her mouth full of blueberries.Noah, Nora and Jackson at the Mt. Lebanon pool this week. The weather here has been so hot! We went to Nora's pool (a country club) last week and now the community pool seems like a total dump. Bring on the country club for me!! Post to come. Libby found out where the nearest Nordstrom is from here and we decided to take a day and scout it out. I had a great time. Minus my CRAZY and out of control children the last 2 hours. Next time I go, it will be without kids. I still managed to spend plenty of money. No worries. Poor Melanie was stuck in the middle of the van with small children surrounding her. You are strong Mel.

The UPS man delivered my stroller an hour ago and it is AWESOME!! And since I forgot to tell you the name of it. . . Baby Planet Solo Deluxe. I am loving it. But I have only pushed it around my house. All 12 feet of my house. :)

8 comments:

Brooklet said...

Just out of curiosity, how does Jackson know bears can slice through tents and grab you?? I didn't hear those kinda stories until I was old.

Ellie looks delightful in a swimsuit!

Jocelyn said...

You didn't even put what kind of stroller you got. Have you seen the Chicco ones? I like them the best I think. Actually I don't like ANY double strollers... help me! And by the way, what is a napper bar?

The story of the boys wanting to hike or not was too funny!

Tanya said...

I could have told you to stay away from the Peg side-by-side. Actually, I think we've had this conversation before. You just had to try it out for yourself! :) That single looks like. I have the Joovy caboose, which was great for when Lars was still in his carrier. But now that he sits in a seat, I don't like the Joovy's front seat. I think I'm going to get rid of it. I just try and avoid going places where I need a stroller!

Hillary said...

I love the hiking conversation. It sounds exactly what Parker and Ben would say. Parker--older, wiser, and scared!! And then there's Ben--fearless!! Sometimes just thinking about teenage years with that second one makes me scared to death!! It sounds like you may have the same challenge:)

Bringhursts said...

Also, why don't they let moms design diaper bags? It's impossible to find one with all the features you need.

Kimo said...

Great story about the boys - funny!

Lisa said...

I love the hiking story, perfect description of those two!

Anonymous said...

You should design and produce the perfect stroller since it doesn't exist - I would buy it!

Since my child was the one making all of the noise the ENITRE trip, it's only fair that I sat back with the kids, why is my child so tempermental?