Friday, February 8, 2008

GRRRRR!!

So, I just finished posting my purse tag, while having listened to Noah for the last 30 minutes sing, talk, laugh, and play upstairs in his bed. Of course I left him to fall asleep on his own and do you know what happened? AHHHH!!!

Let's go back a few days.

About 4 days ago I put Noah in his crib for his nap. Jackson was at school. Noah likes to prolong the nap process by always claiming thirst. So, I sometimes give him a spray bottle to have with him. That way he doesn't need to get out of his bed and start the whole event all over. So, four days ago this happened. And after a GOOD screaming fit from him, I went in to see what the heck was the matter. Noah had unscrewed the bottle of water and drenched himself and his crib. Buuugin. I didn't have another matrress pad to use so I told him he had to take his nap in Jackson's bed. (a bunk bed). He did a great job. And so it is, we stopped with the crib. So far, things have been great with Noah in a bed. No problems at all.

Tonight, a small problem. The boys were both complaining of being so thirsty they were going to be sick. So I let Noah have the infamous spray bottle. This was at 7:45. (Bedtime was early tonight because A) Jason is on call and B) they didn't have a nap and Noah was seriously needing sleep). It is now 8:57pm and I just finished changing Noah's sheets because. . . you guessed it. He unscrewed the spray bottle and his bed was soaked. All he could say was, "Look what I did Mommy." Ummm, no thanks. I am not impressed.

I changed the sheets, which I HATE doing. Who ever thought bunk beds were a good idea was seriously mistaken. Making them is the pits. And especially in the dark, with a 4 year old asleep on the top. And. . . my hands are so dry and now my fingers are cracked and hurting. Waaaaa!! :)

Goodnight.

18 comments:

Michele said...

Whenever I get baby hungry I remember that all of these fun little bumps in the road are behind me and when I ask Myself if I really want to go back and go through everything again...time is a horrible thing...you forget the sleepless years...and those totally annoying things they did seem so charming and funny. Well its kind of charming and funny now...when it happens to someone else...hehehe sorry.

Tanya said...

Laughing bc I know how stinking hard those bunkbeds are to make. At least it wasn't the top you had to change with a sleeping kid on the bottom. And laughing bc my hands are so dry and cracked and they KILL everytime I have to make the bed. I couldn't believe Noah was still in a crib. So, do you have 2 cribs? What is Ellie in?

Jocelyn said...

You're a spaz. I laughed when you said "waaa... goodnight." I love Noah. He's so stinking cute. "Look what I did Mommy." Ha! I say no more spray bottle... or if he must have one then it's time for some major duct tape around the lid.

Jocelyn said...

I also have to say that I'm sorry about your fingers. Dry, cracked fingers are about the WORST thing ever! So painful. Makes my fingers hurt real bad just to think about it. That's one good reason to live in Texas I guess. I didn't even realize it until I read this post but my fingers haven't cracked for over 2 years. :)

McKelle said...

Ha ha. Sounds like a bad time. Gwen isn't in a crib anymore either, and we're still adjusting. It sound like Noah is doing alright, besides the spraybottle.
Oh, I remember those old lady hands of yours. I miss them.

Kimo said...

I hear you. Changing sheets in the middle of the night sucks! But, in my case, it is usually the MIDDLE of the night (like 3 am) and it's not water but pee! Happened on Christmas eve (yeah the Christmas pj's she got so she could look so cute for Christmas Morning photos - didn't look so cute with a red shirt and purple pj pants - bummer). She is pretty much potty trained, but she still occasionally has a problem at night.

Rachel said...

sad! love the spray bottle idea. just enough to quench the thirst. haha you crack my up. Sorry you're dealing with bed making, i hate that as much as husking corn.

Bringhursts said...

I'm glad someone else hates changing sheets too. I thought I was the only loser who dreaded this household task! I am laughing that you give your kids a water bottle to satisfy their thirst. That's definitely thirst quenching!

Arah Debra said...

That sounds like a fun night. Do you think you learned your lesson?

Lisa said...

Yeah, I learned a long time ago, kids get nothing in bed...maybe a stuffed animal if I'm feeling real nice!

Gina said...

Jana, you seriously crack me up. I think you are officially my favorite blog to read. I guess no more spray bottle for Noah huh? Why the spray bottle anyway? Why not a sippy or something? Just curious.

Amberly said...

no more water bottle!!

Amberly said...

oh, and I want Jocelyn to make my blog cute too! I've attempted to no avail... tell her she's hired, yours is darling!

Kimberly said...

You make me laugh!!Spray bottles , changing sheets it all makes for good comedy for the readers anyway. I'd have to say Crib sheets suck to change as well as bunk beds. One morning I noticed Maeryn had food crusties in her hair and I just thought I was a bad baby washer. Nope, she threw-up all over her bumper pad and sheet. To boot it was sweet potatoes which stain. So I had to work the stains out(it took three washes). Oh the things we do for our little itty bitty's.

Pitcherpost said...

I will be sure to never get bunkbeds, I can see how you don't have a choice on changing the sheets but do you actually make their beds every day too? If you ever find yourself short on time, I would say making their beds and folding your underwear should be the first things to go- it'll add years of freetime to your life!

wackywilsons said...

Girl you are popular...will you even see my post?? good for you and for motherhood....

I was nervous when you mentioned the spray bottle idea, but it goes to show that mama's will do anything to just get their kids to stop crying and go to sleep!

I loved your purse tag, who would've thought of those things just 5 years ago?

Brooklet said...

Man, kids do not make it easy for us, but fun that NOah is now in a bed, and you can pack that crib away!

Yeah, dry hands here in the winter is just a fact. Ouch!

Jennifer said...

We have the bunks and let me tell you I threaten Madison with her life, don't you dare wet your bed, I am not due to change your sheets until next week. Now there's ANna who wet them three, count them three times last week. I had raw hands and basically reverted back to letting her sleep in a diaper. This has now caused her to revert back to needing to poop in her diaper. I hate this part of my life!