Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A week in review. . .or 2


I have been meaning to post about our fun trip to the Children's Museum last week, but have found myself short on time. I just can't seem to get everything done that I want. And so the pile continues to grow. But, last week we had a great time going to play at the museum with our friends Libby and Jack. And I was even able to leave Ellie at home with her daddy. I had so much fun playing with my boys. No stroller, no diaper bag, no snacks. Just me, Jackson, Noah, and my wallet. It was a strange feeling. Jackson and Noah have always loved going to the museum and it gets better and better each time. Noah is big enough to do more and I can just sit back and watch them learn and play. The slide was so funny to watch. It is a gravity room so it feels strange and a little uncomfortable, but they kept going back for more. They had a marvelous time on the water floor. We left drenched. To say the least. The painting room is also a favorite of the boys. My fridge was plastered with 6 different paintings. One solid black, one solid purple, one orange and the others, a lovely mix. :)And also, Ellie has started clapping. I love it. Ellie has done this much sooner than my boys did. Jackson would make fists until he was practically 18 months old before he would do it. I remember trying so hard to get him to clap and him refusing. Sucking out of a straw was a bit overwhelming for him too. So, Ellie started bringing her little hands together last night. Each time she does it, I'm not quick enough with the camera, but I did catch a few seconds of it this afternoon. She can do it better, but this is as good as I got. And I realize, this is not too exciting for many of my readers, but for me and my journal, (and Ellie's grandparents) this is too thrilling not to share. :)

16 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I love coming and expecting the same old posts but seeing a new one! Looks like a fun day at the museum. Have I told you today how much Noah cracks me up?! And Jackson and his all black painting... hilarious!

Rachel said...

that is your baby girl for sure. She looks more and more like you as she gets older. I can not believe how big Noah is getting. Is that gravity room new? I dont remember that. Anyways, looks like fun!!

Brooklet said...

I love the children's museum. Best place in town to take your kids.

And Ellie is so cute, I love the whole clapping, waving, blowing kisses phase of babies.

Lisa said...

What is to get? Follow steps 1-5. : )

Judd Family said...

Jana your kids (and your blog) are super cute. You are my inspiration! I miss you!

Tanya said...

Ellie clapping is so cute! I better get going teaching Lars to do that...he is SO sick...mild case of RSV. It this is mild, I would hate to see a bad case of it.

Anyway, I got my bag at this high-end store called Payless for the outrageous price of $10! :)

Arah Debra said...

That looks like such a fun children's museum. A whole water floor? Sweet! Ellie looks so cute doing her big girl clap.

Michele said...

Every milestone is exciting...even to your friends...so make sure you share all!

Amy said...

I love clapping too. You are lucky to have such great kids. PS My mom got married at 19 and had her first baby just after she turned 21, then she was like you, they just kept coming! I was her 4th baby and she was 25. I want to go to the Children's Museum the next time you go.

Pitcherpost said...

I can't wait until Aubrey is older so that can go to the children's museum and pretend like I'm there for her, really I want to play on everything, that slide looks tempting....

wackywilsons said...

Very cute! It makes me appreciate only having my two boys right now..and not a baby to tote around. Although some days my boys are more than I can handle!

I wish I had a children's museum to go to...it looks great!!!

SO fun...clap clap clap Ellie:)

Libby said...

fun times at the children's museum. i am ready to go back and get a membership. ellie, oh ellie, is so adorable and getting so big too fast!

Tanya said...

What kind of minivan do you drive?

Sandy said...

That video is way cute. I know what you mean about thinking not too many people would think that is very exciting...I always think that about all the boring stuff I put up, but I loved every second. I also loved that you were cracking up in the background...I was laughing right along with you.

Krissy Lowe said...

That museum looks like so much fun! I wish we had that here. Even better without the diaper bag.

Gina said...

Love the Children's Museum! I haven't done the painting with Kade yet so I'll have to give it a try next time we go. I HATE the gravity room, by the way. Yay for Ellie and clapping! She is a doll.