Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Something I have promised

Both of these recipes come from my dear friend Libby. Thanks again for some good eatin' . I hope some of you enjoy these new recipes. Try them. They are delicious.

Corn Bread and Taco Bake (I just made that name up. I have no clue what the real name is.)
2 boxes Jiffy corn bread mix
1 can creamed corn
1 can diced green chilis
1 lb beef
diced onion (as much or as little. I love onion.)
taco seasoning
cheese (I like to use the Mexican blend)
salt and pepper

Prepare the corn bread as directed. Add the creamed corn to it.
Brown the beef and seasoning. Libby's recipe doesn't call for taco seasoning, but I added it the first time I made it and really loved it. So I say do it. But it is what you prefer. Who doesn't love a little taco flava?! I add the onion to the beef mixture too.
Spray a 9 x 13 dish and place half the corn bread mixture on the bottom. Then add the beef. Then add the diced green chilis. Now the cheese. Just add enough to cover the layer. When in doubt, add more cheese!!! Then add the rest of the corn bread.

Bake at 350 for 40-55 minutes. Check to see it it is done in the middle. That corn bread can be tricky! :) I know. Serve and enjoy! Garnish with salsa if wanted.

Chicken a La Fuente
1 12 oz pkg. fettuccine noodles
1 TBSP olive oil
4 chicken breasts cut in small pieces
2 cloves minced garlic
taco seasoning
1 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
parmesan cheese (1 cup?)

Cook fettuccine as directed
-in a skillet, cook chicken. I use PAM and it works great. Stir in the garlic and tack seasoning. Cook 1 minute. Stir in the cream. Reduce heat to low, cook 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
-stir in the parsley and cheese. Add fettuccine noodles and toss. Cook until heated through.
-Garnish with parsley and cheese.

I added a little more cream and cheese than it called for. But I love cheese. And I wanted it to be creamy. It was heavenly. I also let it simmer for awhile. It was so good.

Thanks again Libby for the new favorite recipes. They are sure to be keepers! And just as a small disclaimer. . . My kids both loved these new foods. That is saying A LOT!

14 comments:

Pitcherpost said...

They do both sound delicious. I'll print them up and file them with all the other recipes that I'll never actually make. Poor Zach, he got stuck with a dud wife.

Arah Debra said...

Those both sound so good. I think I'm going to try the Corn Bread and Taco Bake tomorrow.

Libby said...

Good name for the cornbread thing...i didn't have a name! I am truly honored that you posted these two recipes :)! They are really yummy! I need your chicken chile recipe.
Melanie...I do NOT make anything that is difficult! These recipes are so easy...make them!

Amy said...

I love when there are new recipes posted. I always try them and love them. So I will try these too. I made Brooke's alfredo sauce yesterday with some shrimp. So tastey and Owen ate it. Maybe I can get him to eat these recipes too.

Linda said...

MMMmmm these recipes sound so yummy. I'll have to give them both a try. Thanks

Unknown said...

yum! Love new recipes! I'll let you know when I try it...maybe next week.

Jocelyn said...

I made the cornbread taco thing last night. It was really yummy and really easy. Those are my two requirements!

Bringhursts said...

I could probably do those and that's saying a lot . . .

Michele said...

They sound yummy!

Lisa said...

Definitely going to give them a try!

Arah Debra said...

I made your Corn Bread and Taco Bake last night. It was a big hit. I think I might try the other one tonight. Thanks!

Jocelyn said...

I made the pasta one tonight. Mmmmm mmmmmm tasty! We loved it.

Brooklet said...

I am going to try the pasta one, it sounds yummy- but you know how I feel about the other one. . . I will wait until you cook it for me before I am convinced.

emily said...

Just made the corn bread taco deliciousness for dinner last night. YUM! Can't wait to dig into some leftovers for lunch. Keep the good recipes coming and thanks for sharing!