Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 10

Is everyone getting so sick of seeing my blog on google reader and knowing it is just a list of gratitude? Too bad.

1. White Chicken Chili. Cooking Gals in Pittsburgh. Debi. Those three go hand in hand. This is quite possibly one of my very favorite meals. Debi brought it to a cooking gals three years ago and it instantly became a serious family favorite. By all of us. Mmmmmm!!! Want me to post the recipe????

2. Getting Christmas catalogs in the mail. My kids LOVE to look at each page very carefully and circle the things they want to ask Santa for. It is so fun to watch them dream and anticipate a very magical day.

3. Jason did the dinner dishes. That is big on my list of gratitude. I hate washing the crock pot. Don't you?

4. My mission. I actually feel so thankful for that every day. Jason and I have talked about our missions and how not a day has gone by since I came home nearly 8 years ago that my mission experiences don't enter my thoughts. People I taught, companions, horrible days, spiritual experiences, whatever! So much of my mission made me realize so many eternal truths. And that is something I want to remember daily. Simple gratitude for my mission doesn't seem adequate for the reward it gave me as a person.

5. Pre-school. Every Tuesday and Thursday I get 2 1/2 hours with just Carson. And to me, having just one child seems like playing house. I know when I only had Jackson, it was much harder than playing house, but now things are different and I realize just how simple it really was. Those couple of hours are some of my best hours of the week. Also, end up being the most expensive. Shopping with just one is too easy! :)


6 comments:

Amberly said...

no brainer on posting the recipe... do it! and we did the crock pot today too. if I don't wash it right away, it could possibly sit in my sink for an unmentionable amount of time. jason gets props today!!

McKelle said...

Yes, post the recipe! Sounds so good, especially since the weather is getting colder.

AND...I know our feelings about our missions are a little different, but I do agree that I still think about it a lot, and mostly the positive things. So many experiences, so many lessons learned.

Will & Cheyenne said...

Yes, the crock pot sucks, and yes, we all had it easy with only one. We just didn't know it.

Kari said...

"Simple gratitude for my mission doesn't seem adequate for the reward it gave me as a person."

You said it so much better in one sentence than I did in an entire blog post!

I'm so grateful for the mission experiences and I'm even more grateful for wonderful friends who inspired me to go! (You!)

JoDell said...

Okay, I just pulled that recipe out a couple weeks ago...so yummy! I seriously don't know why I haven't made that more often. You should definitley post it for others to enjoy. Yum!

Debi said...

aahhhh....i'm going to cry. I miss you. Find me a house by you and we're there!