Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 13

1. Sugar cookies. Whatever. Judge me. :) And yes, in the shapes of Christmas trees and gingerbread men. That's right! Fa la la la la!!!!!

2. Kids that love to help. Even though there are times when two of my three capable children tell me "no" to my face, there are those days when they are willing to do anything I ask. Today happened to be one of them. I had them going up and down the stairs so many times. It was great. I really loved having their help.

3. Farah. Love her. She is always there for me.

4. A new book to read. I finished Catching Fire a few days ago and it was great. Now I am starting Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. Anyone read that yet?

5.The prayers of my children. There is something so real and valid about a 2 year old when she prays for her daddy to drive safe to work. Or a four year old asking to have good dreams so he can sleep well. Or a 5 year old, only telling Heavenly Father how grateful he is for his bed, clothes, the scriptures, the Prophet, and always his family, that we are together. Hearing their prayers seems like the perfect way to end my days. Especially when my days have made me tired and impatient. Kids have a way of reminding us how important they are.

1 comment:

Brooklet said...

I am grateful for all those things too- except for Farah- I don't have a farah here. Next time we move I need to make sure there is a babysitter in the neighborhood.