Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 3

More gratitude. . .

1. A very patient nurse that helped me get through getting the flu shot. Most everyone knows what a TOTAL baby I am when it comes to anything needles and she was so patient and kind to me. It made me feel loved, even if she was thinking I was the worst patient ever. :) She hid it well.

2. Election day. Not because I voted, or anything along those lines. But because that meant that Farrah, my babysitter could come and watch the kids in the middle of the day so I could get some guts and get that shot done!!!

3. Jackson. He is too smart for his own good. He made me laugh so many times today for no other reason other than his witty little come backs to me.

4. Avocado Black Bean Dip. Yuuuummmmmy! It really hit the spot tonight for my dinner. Jason is over night tonight and this was all I wanted. So, I am grateful for ripe avocados the most I guess. :)

5. A new website that sends me chapters of the Book of Mormon each day to help keep me on track. For some reason I seem to have time to check my email every day, multiple times a day, but when it comes to finding adequate time to read the scriptures, something always comes up. And what better email to have in my inbox than a chapter a day. This may seem pathetic to some of you more disciplined than me, but this is what I need at the time being. And I am thankful for it!

4 comments:

Amberly said...

cool website! and I'm so proud of you for getting through a flu shot, ha!

McKelle said...

You didn't faint huh? Well that's a first. Avocado black bean dip? Yes please! Recipe? And that website sounds great. What is it?

It was great talking to you yesterday! It had been way too long.

Gina said...

I am enjoying this every day posting from Jana! I love that it is expected too! No pressure. Did you make that dip that I made at your house that one time, or is it different? LOVE it!

Elise said...

Okay so I want the bean dip recipe and the website that sends you a chapter of scripture everyday. What a great idea! I have to second Gina, your 5 blessings a day is fun to read- keep going!!