Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 5

I'd like to say this is in no random order, but tonight. . . it is listed by most grateful to least grateful. That sounds funny. Least grateful. :)

1. The day is over. I am so glad to end this day. Not that it was so bad, but that I am tired, I had to take ALL 4 kids to the doctor's office today, shots were had by many and even though I was the first patient after lunch, they were still running 40 minutes behind. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I'm sure they saw us coming and drew toothpicks to see which lucky nurse got to call the big Mormon family back. :) But still . . .be on time!!!

2.
Being a volunteer at Jackson's school. Each Thursday I get to go to his class for 1 hour and help the kids in what they call "centers" and I look forward to it all week. I love seeing Jackson in his element and how all the kids interact together. I still can't believe that it is the start of the next SEVERAL years for Jackson. Bitter-sweet.

3. Brooke. A dear friend of mine from Pittsburgh. I made one of her recipes tonight and it has been awhile since I have really cooked much. It was delicious. As all her recipes always are. I love having friends to share recipes with.

4. Good books. There is nothing I love more than reading a good book. The book of choice right now is nothing spectacular, and not even one I care to mention, but a page turner and entertaining. It takes me to a different place and sometimes isn't that what we need?????

5.
Target. It always seems to be the perfect bribe. And for the brave ones today, they got to go to Target with their dad after work. That was a double treat!!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

please tell me what your book is! I love books like that... mindless but entertaining. come on, I promise I won't judge! dad's who take kids to target and costco in one week deserve medals... nice work jason!

Brooklet said...

I made the list!! That made me so happy. I am grateful for you in my life, too.

And I feel for you on taking kids for shots to the drs office. I took my two girls a while ago and at one point, I had to remove myself from the lobby, because I was trying to calm down and hold back tears.

And I, too, want to know what book you are reading.

wackywilsons said...

Well at least I can stay caught up in your life...on the grateful side!

Your girls trip looked like so much fun, how great that you have the girls to go out be YOU with!!! You are a super fun girl and I am sure they loved it too!