Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 24

1. Homemade tacos. Like I mentioned before, my mom is a great cook. We never ate anything that wasn't from scratch. At least of the good things. Rolls, pancakes, TACOS!!! And it sounds funny to say they are homemade, but when you make your own seasoning and fry your tortillas, that to me is so much more homemade than using crunchy taco shells. And so much more delicious. Try it.

2. At home hair cuts. I secretly, or actually not so secretly hate doing this. But I am glad that I am able to do it for my boys and they can get the haircut I want them to have. And I can be as picky as I need to be. And it's free.

3. Thanksgiving break. I am happy that we can sleep in tomorrow knowing Jackson doesn't have school.

4. Little Ellie. She was so sick this morning. Not a fever, but something was wrong. She woke up, super sweaty, and went straight to my bed for another 2 hours. And it's not like she woke up early. Try 10am. (We were up later last night decorating the tree). But she was so tired and sick that it made me feel so sad for her. Little Ellie just so helpless. So, I'm grateful for her and that she is fine. :)

5. The way my kids make me laugh. By far, some of my hardest laughs come from things my kids say. Today, Noah was playing the Wii and didn't want to let Jackson play. He did not want to lose. But that's too bad. We share. So then Noah said in the most pathetic little voice, "No mom, the wii isn't always about losing. It's about winning." I was ignoring him because he was not in the mood to share, but Jackson replied with, "No Noah. It's not about winning either. It's about playing together and having fun." So, I laugh at the honesty of my 4 year old and that to him, it is about winning. And that to my 5 year old, who I seriously think is 30, it's about enjoying the game. Although he is quite possibly the BIGGEST trash talked there is. I love my kids.

No comments: