Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 4

This might start to get a little repetitive. Sorry.

1. Jackson loves to play Mario Kart. He is awesome at it and so we "trash talk" a little bit. All in jest. Except today Ellie bumped into Jackson, costing him the first place trophy, meaning I came in first and Jackson actually started crying. (This is all after a bunch a serious trash talking!!) So, needless to say, he was not happy about losing. Then, a few hours later, Jackson comes up to me and says, "And you know Mom, it isn't always all about winning. It's about having fun and enjoying the game." That made me thankful. Jackson is a child that never ceases to amaze me. He "gets it" on so many levels for most 5 year olds.

2. My Reward Board. I bought this online last year this thing works wonders for my children. I decided today that we are a home of ZERO TOLERANCE for sass and tattletaling. And I mean it. And the mere threat of a bad mark on their chart is a miracle worker! I'm grateful my kids obey. . . or are scared not to obey!! :)

3. A friend named Kari. From high school. She posted something about the creation today and it made me feel good and right for having the family we are having. Even when I feel overwhelmed. It always helps me to remember how blessed I am to be a mother and take part in something that is the most rewarding experience of my life.

"Motherhood is the one thing in all the world which most truly exemplifies the God-given virtues of creating and sacrificing. The mother who, in compliance with eternal law, brings into the world an immortal spirit occupies first rank in the realm of creation."
--Gospel Ideals, "Respect for Mothers and Their Divine Role", Improvement Era, 1953], p.456 & Aaronic Priesthood Manual #1 (the lesson on Mothers).

(I found this quote last night actually after bumming around on that new site I was talking about that sends me emails for scripture reading).

4. Wendy's. It hit the spot for me.

5. Martina McBride's Christmas CD. The first of November marks the start of the holidays for me and she helps make my home a little more festive.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

I need to bust out the christmas music. and you're a great mama. I know that because from a great distance, your kids seem happy and smart and you're always concerned about all the right things. I love you today!

Anonymous said...

I need to know where you got your Reward Board. I am in need of something....

Libby said...

thank you...so i can start listening to christmas music?! what about decorating? i showed jack the polar express last week and my sis in law couldn't believe it. and then i told jeff i was going to decorate this monday and he thought that was rediculous. it's not right?! a month of christmas is just not enough!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Love the quote!